• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1250R fuel tank removal

ccolwell

Well, not the whole tank. I got a set of bar risers that require re-poisitioning of the clutch hose. At a first stab, it's not clear how the plastic and painted pieces come off so I can see the routing.

Here's a couple R1200R LC pictures that may help.
Note the grommet location.
The R1200R LC should be the same as the 1250.

R1200R Flagged Screws.jpg

R1200R Grommet.JPG

Last edited:
Lee, thank you very much. Some differences but your detailed photos gave me enough to take it apart. Now, getting it back togather...can you tell me where this sensor hooks up? I'd guess it the air intake temp or pressure gauge but I'll be damned if I see where it clips in,

IMG_1843.jpg

...can you tell me where this sensor hooks up? I'd guess it the air intake temp or pressure gauge but I'll be damned if I see where it clips in,

Air temp. On an RT, it goes into a hole on the inside of the fairing, and secures with a twist.

Lee, thank you very much. Some differences but your detailed photos gave me enough to take it apart. Now, getting it back togather...can you tell me where this sensor hooks up? I'd guess it the air intake temp or pressure gauge but I'll be damned if I see where it clips in,

View attachment 78749

Looks like the hole on bracket in background, the wiring “memory” of how it rests should be a clue

From a GS repair manual

Do you see anything that looks like this, perhaps on that air tube?

Untitled.jpg

I can't find an R1250R sketch, but this R1200R should be similar.

View attachment 78753

Excellent. I'll pull it back apart and have a look for that bracket. I did look in that spot and missed it but pictures always help (at some point in my academic career I refused to by any new books that didn't have pictures). I did just zip tie it in about that spot yesterday.

henzilla: that hole locates a cosmetic cover.

It's good to see that wetheads are as helpful as the airheads have been for years. Thank you all.

I'll also note that all the trouble I had with fiddly plastic parts and the temp sensor is penance for the needling I direct at people who complain about modern bikes being too complicated. Particularly that fellow buying a Royal Enfield at my BMW-Triumph dealer.:)

Back