• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Time to stop riding

I will be 61 in a few days and can't wait for retirement so I can get out and ride. My wife and I have some tentative plans to tour the west, Utah, Colorado Northern Nevada, and head to the west coast. Plus take our time! I hope to hell I can continue to ride into my 70's! I am not done yet! Too many places to see!

Why would you ever leave Fargo?? According to some on this forum, if you just wait long enough the MOA Rally will come to you! :dance

In addition to what Greg has stated, if you can wait until 2022, every member of the MOA will be coming to Fargo to see you! ;)

Probably going to off load my 916 for a sports car in the next year or so.

I'll be down to four bikes then. :ha

Tired of all the maintenance? :stick

It’s been stone reliable. Seriously.

I love it, but want something sharp that’ll carry me and Tina side by side with heated seats. I’m fairly limber, but it’s tougher to fold myself up like a paper clip.

OMG riding that thing though.

Stable and compliant on crummy pavement. Flickable, yet super stable, it’s the most confidence inspiring chassis I’ve ridden. It makes absurd speed with a shocking level of nonchalance about it. Picture an airhead’s easy to modulate, highly predictable power and, but with 125hp and in a 400lb chassis.

It’s magical.

71B8A35B-6135-4CE4-9E5A-2FA7FBDFD3E2-XL.jpg

It’s been stone reliable. Seriously.

I love it, but want something sharp that’ll carry me and Tina side by side with heated seats. I’m fairly limber, but it’s tougher to fold myself up like a paper clip.

OMG riding that thing though.

Stable and compliant on crummy pavement. Flickable, yet super stable, it’s the most confidence inspiring chassis I’ve ridden. It makes absurd speed with a shocking level of nonchalance about it. Picture an airhead’s easy to modulate, highly predictable power and, but with 125hp and in a 400lb chassis.

It’s magical.

View attachment 78222

Stop talking, Dave, or I'm gonna' want it! :banghead

[video]https://kbasa.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Videos/GoPro-Videos/i-sdnWx26/A[/video]

Turn the sound up...

I never understood heated seats. Better yet, heated steering wheels.....

Combine them with a convertible and it’s pretty magical. Got heated and cooled seats in our SQ5 and they’re terrific. On a blazing hot day you’re instantly cool or vice versa. I’ll start the car and turn my wife’s seat on before she comes out on cool mornings. :D

We had a heated steering wheel in our 335d and my arthritic wife loved it on cold mornings.

Combine them with a convertible and it’s pretty magical. Got heated and cooled seats in our SQ5 and they’re terrific. On a blazing hot day you’re instantly cool or vice versa. I’ll start the car and turn my wife’s seat on before she comes out on cool mornings. :D

We had a heated steering wheel in our 335d and my arthritic wife loved it on cold mornings.

My cars are usually in the garage, so neither very hot or cold when starting out.

My cars are usually in the garage, so neither very hot or cold when starting out.

Do they have leather seats? Where I live in or out of the garage in winter the leather seats a freakin' cold to sit on - heated seats are the only way to go.

Do they have leather seats? Where I live in or out of the garage in winter the leather seats a freakin' cold to sit on - heated seats are the only way to go.

You'll love this.................Old school real sheep skins!

Cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

Back