• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Oil indicator that's not shown in the manual?

gtrider

2010 K1300GT (in stunning Apple Red!) with 1k miles. :heart

600mi service was done at 670 miles. Have had NO problems thus far with the bike but today went for a 100mi ride and on the return trip had an "Oil" indicator show up as I cycled through the TPS, Temp, etc. on the computer. The indicator just says "Oil" with a check mark behind it. I took this to mean the oil level needed checking, so stopped twice on the way home and put the bike on the centerstand, ran it for a minute or so, then shut it off and checked the dipstick. Both times the level showed at or slightly above the MAX mark, and after letting the bike sit for 10 minutes or so in the garage that's where the level is still showing. I called the dealer but didn't get to talk to the main service writer. The person I talked to said to reset the computer by starting the bike, revving the throttle twice then turning off the key.
???

Anyway, I'm still seeing the indicator on the dash. Mind you, this is not the <!> indicator or the check engine light, it's just something that appeared in the rotation along with Temp, TPS, MPG, etc. etc.

Anyone see this before? What's the skinny??

Thanks,

GTRider

Look in the manual that came with the bike. Page 58, I think. It explains that the check mark means "ok" after the bike is warmed up.

Greg

Doh! :doh:banghead

Found that about an hour after I posted. It's in a different section of the manual than the other indicators, where I was looking. What gets me is that the service guys didn't have that answer right off when I called them. Goes to show that there's too many bells and whistles and switches, I guess. I'd trade a lot of the electronic displaying and nagging for a good Stebel horn, for example..

Thanks,

GTTRider

Back