• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

GS Passenger comfort

garveg

I purchased my first BMW in 2017 after decades of riding Honda. After a lot of research I decided on a new R1200GS. Partly because of the optional low seat height, but also because of what I understood to be passenger comfort. So far my wife is not too impressed. We are not tall people nor are we petite by any means. I have ordered some passenger foot peg extensions for starters. Can anyone recommend a good passenger seat replacement or any other items that might improve passenger comfort because I love my GS and my wife! Thanks

Your best bet for getting something your wife will like is to do a ride-in fitting of a seat. Russell Day Long, Seth Lamm, Rich's and Mayer all have their fans (there are others) and will be good choices, but having the seat personally fitted, being able to test and adjust the seat onsite will give her the best chance for satisfaction. I'm not surprised she does not like the passenger seat based upon my experience with the front seat.

Kevin has good advice, depending on where you live, a ride in seat build is a great plan
Let the Webb do a search for you

I purchased my first BMW in 2017 after decades of riding Honda. After a lot of research I decided on a new R1200GS. Partly because of the optional low seat height, but also because of what I understood to be passenger comfort. So far my wife is not too impressed. We are not tall people nor are we petite by any means. I have ordered some passenger foot peg extensions for starters. Can anyone recommend a good passenger seat replacement or any other items that might improve passenger comfort because I love my GS and my wife! Thanks

Welcome to the forum!
When you get a chance you can fill out your profile. Perhaps there will be someone in your area that can show you their solution.
Gary

Good Luck!

I have a 2010 R1200GS. It has the Sargent seat set from the previous owner. My wife is not impressed, but I understand that is rider preference. My dilemma is that we have a Honda Goldwing and nothing compares to co-rider comfort once you ride on the passenger end of that beast.

Back