• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Any Recommendations for BMW Motorcycles of Cleveland?

From my home near Buffalo, NY, I have had only three "reasonable" rides for routine service since my local dealer closed: Cleveland, OH; Pittsburgh, PA; and Tyrone PA. All were about the same distance, 205 miles from my house. With the closing of BMW Motorcycles of Pittsburgh, my choices are now even narrower. I've had good experince with the folks in Tyrone, PA, but the ride to Cleveland is significantly quicker due to the Interstates. Does anyone have a recommendation one way or another about BMW Motorcycles of Cleveland?

Mosites has acquired the BMW motorcycle franchise from BMW of Pittsburgh; however they are located to the east of Pittsburgh on RT 30. Less desirable from anyone traveling from the North. I believe Kissel in Tyron, PA has mobile 150 mile radius service. Great people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mosites has acquired the BMW motorcycle franchise from BMW of Pittsburgh; however they are located to the east of Pittsburgh on RT 30. Less desirable from anyone traveling from the North. I believe Kissel in Tyron, PA has mobile 150 mile radius service. Great people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moving back to the area where Heritage BMW used to live.

All indications from inside the dealer network, and customers I met at the RA rally, are that the new team/leadership of the Tyrone dealership is doing an exceptional job.

From my home near Buffalo, NY, I have had only three "reasonable" rides for routine service since my local dealer closed: Cleveland, OH; Pittsburgh, PA; and Tyrone PA. All were about the same distance, 205 miles from my house. With the closing of BMW Motorcycles of Pittsburgh, my choices are now even narrower. I've had good experince with the folks in Tyrone, PA, but the ride to Cleveland is significantly quicker due to the Interstates. Does anyone have a recommendation one way or another about BMW Motorcycles of Cleveland?

Chances are that going to Tyrone PA would be worth the extra time just to get great service.

Chances are that going to Tyrone PA would be worth the extra time just to get great service.

As I stated in my original post, I've had good results with the service at Kissell's. I don't need a recommendation for them. However, the ride sucks big time, with too many 20 mph sections on 2 lane roads due to truck traffic. Hence my original question.

A few years ago, on our way home from a rally, my husband had the clutch slave cylinder on his '05 RT go out. We ended up at BMW of Cleveland without an appointment. They fit us in and fixed us up and got us back on the road as quickly as they could. It ended up being a day or two - had to order parts - but we were very happy with the service/dealership.

OTOH, Budd's is our 'home' dealership, and well worth the drive in my opinion. The border crossing may be an issue, but Buffalo to Oakville barely scrapes the surface of Toronto traffic. (I lived in Oakville for 45 years.)

As I stated in my original post, I've had good results with the service at Kissell's. I don't need a recommendation for them. However, the ride sucks big time, with too many 20 mph sections on 2 lane roads due to truck traffic. Hence my original question.

Fair enough. I look forward to what you find out about them, including experience at some point, to keep them in my mind too.

Back