• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your hexhead.

Just had fuel pump issue on mine. So glad it was covered by Extended Warranty from Contigo, that I added on CF cylinder head covers.

Now I just need the funds to take the bike in for nearly complete plastic replacement with CF panels (I have them) and new paint scheme. The Titan Red/Silver paint was gorgeous in 2007, but now, flat black and Alpine white rule.

I might do CF black fairing front and center tank stripe, and remainder white, tail B&W.

DSC04135.jpg

Nice pic! Would you mind telling me more about your highway pegs? It looks like Hawks mounts/pegs don't your ankles/legs get hot?

Highway pegs on RT

"...don't your ankles/legs get hot? "

I can answer that. I have the same set-up (on an identical bike)...your legs will be out in the wind at highway speeds. You don't feel any heat from the engine.

I've has an even dozen bikes in my life before I woke up this Spring and bought this 07' RT. Better late than never I guess. :thumb

Attachments

• Rockwall 3.jpg
    Rockwall 3.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 548
I have always wanted to take one of these for a ride...bogthebasher

It's a lot of fun, and handles as well as a Ducati ST2, in fact. We can do a ride swap after one of the Rocky Bow breakfasts, next summer Ken. The RT is the only hexhead I haven't ridden.

But I'll understand completely, if you decline. :D

Here is my new(to me) 2008 GSA. My first real MC(other than dirt bikes as a kid). Pulled the trigger 3 weeks ago after months of digging and comparo shopping. Bought her from a great guy in Grand Rapids, MI who had only put 20k on her and really kept her up. Flew up on Sunday and drove her the 1,000+ miles back to Atlanta, GA, making sure to take in about 200+ miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway en route. A great first trip. Looking forward to getting involved in the local rider scene and doing some cross country when I can.

We (my wife & dog & I) are just back from a 3 year Caribbean sailing sabbatical, 10,000 miles, spanning Maine to Grenada. Already sold the boat and moving ashore to go back to work, so won't have as much time to roam, but it seems like a good distraction for shorter, weekend trips. Already have a Baja trip planned with my cruising buddy for next year. Bummer is the dog can't really ride(unless I get a sidecar). Look forward to spinning yarns on the forum and getting good advice.

Attachments

• 20121009_113925 (640x480).jpg
    20121009_113925 (640x480).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 737
Me and my '08 GS just below the summit on Beartooth Pass. 28 degrees here on June 17th a couple years ago. Thick clouds, light snow, and six foot snow banks at the summit.
MeonBeartoothPassII.jpg

Autumn in Northeast AZ

Had a wonderful week on my R1200RT. Trees turned durring that week and this is a file example of the color.
8140087676_0c36ec8144_b.jpg

Old v. New

Alfred,not sure,maybe fuel pump.Dcomp,skid plate is Black dog cycle works.
That is why I did not purchase a new BMW, way too many issues for the price. I have an 89 GS and a 88 K75c and each bike has over 200,000 and run great. When I was in the market for a new bike I of course looked into the new BMWs but the price and the continued lack of good quality put me in the saddle of a 2009 ST1300 abs. With just over 20,000 miles on the bike no isssues whatever. What is up with BMW putting out bikes that don't match the quality of the older bikes???

My '07 RT

I just applied graphics to my RT. they are the same high quality as made for stripes on cars. I know it's not a normal thing to mess with a BMW but I like the look.

Doug

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 641
Last edited:
My Mobility Conquest is a '09 R1200R with a Formula 1 conversion. Here I am at the Overland Expo in May 2012...

Attachments

• overland.jpg
    overland.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 575
Back