• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

right side battery cover fell off! My 1992 K75

keither

keither
Yes I turned around and picked it up. Is there supposed to be a metal clip that engages the rubber grommet on the frame under the lower part of the cover? I cant get the cover to engage the lower part with the frame, but the front and rear upper clips clips work fine.Beemer K75 012.JPG

Attachments

• Beemer K75 012.JPG
    Beemer K75 012.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 140
  • Beemer K75 012.JPG
    Beemer K75 012.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 140
Yes, there is supposed to be a clip. 46 63 1 455 071 SPRING $6.54

Sometimes the plastic that holds the clip gets broken by people trying to remove the panel without knowing how to do it. Epoxy can repair that.

:dance:dance:dance

Mine has a plastic "hook" that snags the rubber "tube" at the bottom. If it busted off then I'm sure something can be cobbled together to do a workable fix.

BB

Yes, there is supposed to be a clip. 46 63 1 455 071 SPRING $6.54

Sometimes the plastic that holds the clip gets broken by people trying to remove the panel without knowing how to do it. Epoxy can repair that.

Thanks I'll try to find one. I fixed it temporarily with a tie-wrap. I love this little K75

As a precaution, I drill a couple of small holes in the flange of the side covers. Then I take some thin shock cord with small S hooks on each end and hook the two side covers to each other. (Belt AND suspenders approach). Many people have lost battery covers, that's one reason they're not cheap on ebay!

Are you sure it's necessary to drill holes? On my R100RS I secured the side covers without resorting to putting holes anywhere. On the inner surface of the covers, secure fender washers that have been bent 90 degrees with some epoxy. The resulting tab then serves as a fixing point for a bit of lightweight shock cord that easily holds the two covers in place. It's really the same general system the factory used on the airheads, updated with more modern materials.

Here's what the panel looks like on left side with tabs. This is from a 1991 K75RT.

Attachments

• side panel and inserts.jpg
    side panel and inserts.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 52
Here's what the panel looks like on left side with tabs. This is from a 1991 K75RT.

That is RT only. Cs, Ss, and standards use a completely different mounting.

Shock cord = 1/8" diameter bungie cord that can be purchased at camping supply and some hardware stores.

Back