• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Canadian Roll Call

HEY!

Coming down from Toronto! Hope to see other canucks!

If you are looking for a friendly place to say hello, walk through the Sherpa Tents and look for the Canadian Flag. I promise you wont miss it!

Change of Plans - Having to Sit on the Sidelines - Have a Beer for Me eh!

Sadly, I will not be there!

OK, last year was easy for me to attend as a BMW newbie (rally virgin) and as a returning rider (after over 25 years) with the Rally being held in SLC and me living in SLC now. I had so much fun and met so many good people (especially the Canadian contingent) that I had it all planned out to make it there this year. Well, I rode a lot in January and into February during the "non winter" we had in northern Utah this past year. Then the snows started and our skiing got good again! My skiing and riding ended abruptly during bad ski accident in early March during which I completely shattered my left leg below and through my knee - you know you are in trouble when your ortho surgeon even comments that "boy, you really went all out when you decided to #@$#@$ this up!". So, that injury still has me sidelined for now. On the plus side, I'm walking with a cane only and I can finally get on my bike and bend enough to reach the shifter. Took her for a 2 mile slow ride around my neighborhood last Saturday morning but it’s not comfortable yet to shift and I don’t have the leg strength to be safe yet. So, I’m beyond anxious to ride but cautious and not foolish as I’d like my leg to heal.

By mid to late August with PT and lots of work I should hopefully be back on the road! Living vicariously through the rest of you for now wishing I could be there! D

Will try to find the tent. Four NS newbie here.
Bummed to hear about ski bum. 2 Newfies at a rally would be epic.

Back