• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

after market windshield for f800s

LRISEN68502

I've found a pristine f800s with 6k on it to buy. Problem is, even though it has an aftermarket windshield that is 6" higher with a laminar lip on it than stock, at 70 it begins to lift me back off the bars. Let me add that it has the st conversion handlebars mounted. Any ideas about windshields to solve my problem. The bike is gorgeous and handles like a dream. I hate not buy it, but I can't do 500 mile days as it stands.

Well, a nice but expensive solution is the madstad.com windshield

I used to drive a k75s until last year when I upgraded to a f800st. IMHO both have the same problem of too low of a windshield with a problematic angle of attack and location/offset.

FWIIW, I re-engineered the k windshield on both fronts (many kudos to all the websites and articles out there regarding modifying the k - I just followed in the footsteps of giants) and found solving both resulted in a great and quiet ride. Regarding the f800st, I actually selected the madstad.com windshield because of that experience prior to buying the f800st. A friend actually said I bought the bike just to go with the windshield :-/

Here is a f800riders.org link to some pictures: http://f800riders.org/forum/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=2663

Hope this helps.

I've found a pristine f800s with 6k on it to buy. Problem is, even though it has an aftermarket windshield that is 6" higher with a laminar lip on it than stock, at 70 it begins to lift me back off the bars. Let me add that it has the st conversion handlebars mounted. Any ideas about windshields to solve my problem. The bike is gorgeous and handles like a dream. I hate not buy it, but I can't do 500 mile days as it stands.
I would start with the stock bars and shield.

I used to drive a k75s until last year when I upgraded to a f800st. IMHO both have the same problem of too low of a windshield with a problematic angle of attack and location/offset.

Everyone is different when it comes to bars and shields. My wife and I both had K75Ss for 12 years with stocks bars and shields, and they were very comfortable for us. I'm 6' and my wife is 5'10".

Madstad windshield

When I bought my 2007 F800ST it had a V-Stream windshield installed. I'm 6'4" tall and was getting a lot of wind noise. I replaced it with a Madstad adjustable windshield. It works great by allowing a very wide range of height and angle adjustments that allow you to get the windshield just right for your riding height. Visit - http://www.madstad.com/

There were so few of the F800S's built,leave it alone,or better put the low bars back on it and give it a try. If you want a bike with high bars get a GS.

There were so few of the F800S's built,leave it alone,or better put the low bars back on it and give it a try. If you want a bike with high bars get a GS.

I really don't think this is the helpful suggestion the OP was looking for:laugh

after looking at the Madstat and other, I put an aeroflow touring wind screen on my F650GS. It is very well designed, gives great weather and fatique coverage for long day ( I've done many 500+ mile days with it over the last 3 years.

areoflow has more than on style...it is worth checking them out

after looking at the Madstat and other, I put an aeroflow touring wind screen on my F650GS. It is very well designed, gives great weather and fatique coverage for long day ( I've done many 500+ mile days with it over the last 3 years.

areoflow has more than on style...it is worth checking them out

Will that shield work on a F800S?

After market windshield

I have a 2007 800st and I replaced the stock "touring" windshield with a Ztechnic and I'm really happy with it. I'm 5'9" tall, have a Sergent seat and I can feel the wind go over the top of my helmet with a little turbulence around my chest....which feels great on a hot day.

Back