• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1200RT Nav Holder Adapt for iPhone12 Mini?

DSXMachina

Hi Guys. It seems that this question must have been discussed before, but I'm unable to find any reference to it. I have a 2018 1200RT. It is factory wired and has the holder for the Nav6 which I do not have and have no intention of buying. I do have an iPhone 12 Mini and am wondering if anyone has ever modified (not butchered) the Nav6 holder to adapt for an iPhone?
I do have the handlebar ball mount already, but thought the modification might be more...uh...elegant? Thanks in advance, and apologies if I've overlooked a previous thread.:banghead

https://blackboxembedded.com/products/wunderlinq-commuter-edition

They make a mount that integrates with wonder wheel, along with various accessories.

Best,
DeVern

Thanks DeVern, that looks like it could be just what I'm looking for. I have to assume that all the normal functionality of the original device is retained? Has anyone on the forum installed one of these and what are your comments? TIA. DSX

EDIT: Wow! I found a website with videos and a complete explanation of what the Wunderlinq is. It is perfect for me! Spend $250 and get far more useful functionality than the Nav 6 provides for far less money? I'm on it. Thanks DeVern.

Thanks DeVern, that looks like it could be just what I'm looking for. I have to assume that all the normal functionality of the original device is retained? Has anyone on the forum installed one of these and what are your comments? TIA. DSX

EDIT: Wow! I found a website with videos and a complete explanation of what the Wunderlinq is. It is perfect for me! Spend $250 and get far more useful functionality than the Nav 6 provides for far less money? I'm on it. Thanks DeVern.

You’re welcome, but know that as with anything in life there are choices and trade-offs. A friend had one of these devices and ended up going back to his Nav V because of weatherproofing, heat tolerance, and some issues with the navigation app he was using. Still, while he had it everything functioned as advertised but it just didn’t suit him as someone who rides in the desert southwest and considers rainstorms an opportunity to wash his bike.
So, like they said in the Indiana Jones movie, “Choose wisely, my son”. 😁

Good luck and happy riding with whichever path you select,
DeVern

Back