• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

'94K1100RS Steering Lock Problem

request12

Sorry I am new to this forum and may not be in the right place.
I have a K1100RS and my steering is locked. I am not able to disengage the lock using a number of keys that I have. All keys were supplied by bmw. Does anyone have a solution to my dilemma? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My email is “addy@sentex.net”

Sorry I am new to this forum and may not be in the right place.
I have a K1100RS and my steering is locked. I am not able to disengage the lock using a number of keys that I have. All keys were supplied by bmw. Does anyone have a solution to my dilemma? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My email is “addy@sentex.net”

Do any of the keys turn in the lock? If a key turns can you pull outward with it turned? Are you sure the fork position takes pressure off the mechanism? Have you tried any lubricants?

I would suggest you ask this question in a new thread so it doesn't just get lost here.

Request 12,

Welcome to the Forum!

I will move your question to its own thread tomorrow and delete it from this thread. That way it will get its own attention and not get lost in another thread about something else.

Every time you ask a question about a new topic on your bike or on a different bike, you should start a new THREAD. Use the "Post New Thread" blue button near the top of the section. A thread should be kept to a specific topic or a specific bike.

Please include the year and model of the bike in question IN THE TITLE of any threads that you start.

I'm not personally familiar with the steering lock on the K11, but by putting this in its own thread, it will attract the guys that are.

:dance:dance:dance

Last edited:
Back