• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Patience

Practicing my ability to be patient.

Waiting on my R80ST to come home from Max BMW, had a lot of work done, aside from basic service, also had front brake work, carb work, new driveshaft, fix some oil leaks, and a new rear shock.

Unfortunately, the rear shock arrived without bushings, which is apparently not typically the case, and it looks like they had to source them from Germany, so hopefully I'll get my baby back last next week. As I look at the forecast for temps in the low 80's next Wednesday and Thursday, I have my fingers crossed.

1984 R80ST by SPP™ SlowPokePete, on Flickr

SPP

A nice bike

A very nice bike, sorry you can't ride yet. I find it is nice to have more than one bike in the stable. I am waiting right now for the paint shop to finish the painted parts of my 84 RT. Thankfully I have my 78 RS to ride when the weather cooperates. St.

Nice looking ST. Still my favorite after all of these years, bikes and miles. I unpacked mine from the crate in ‘83. This is what they look like, with a few mods, after 135,000 miles:
5ABD9BAD-130B-4AAD-9141-C49285D2901B.jpeg

This was during the 600 mile break-in ride:
4B30A0D1-6BD2-443C-A0F0-4B0178A282C1.jpg

That is a very nice ST and we’ll worth waiting for!

The ST bikes are awesome; I snagged my ‘83 as a holdover in spring of ‘84. One test ride and I had to have it!

Best,
DeVern

It is harder

It is harder to be patient when it is the favorite bike on the stand in pieces being repaired or restored. My 84 R80RT gets ridden 90% of the time and my 78 R100RS the other. While I love the RS, I just find the RT to be the perfect bike. It now has 240K on it the RS 140K. The RT I put all the miles on, the RS was owned by two others.

Got good news from the paint shop, all the non pinstripe parts are pretty much color shot and will be done soon. So, maybe in a couple of weeks, the RT will be back on the road. LOL, it depends how well I installed all the replacement wiring harnesses. The old ones were shot from years of riding in the winter and other slop.

I figure if I install the battery and there is not a big spark and pop, I am at a good start. St.

One week update...the only place to get the missing bushings that should have been included with the replacement shock to begin with was Berlin.

Parts just cleared customs, so now have my fingers crossed that I will have my bike back by the end of next week.

Forced to be patient a little longer still.

SPP

Hoping your weather isn’t as good as ours at the moment. Somehow when it’s raining you don’t mind waiting just a bit longer. Here today, sunny, 80F, a perfect day for a ride. Looking forward to hearing your success story about being on the road soon.

Hoping your weather isn’t as good as ours at the moment. Somehow when it’s raining you don’t mind waiting just a bit longer. Here today, sunny, 80F, a perfect day for a ride. Looking forward to hearing your success story about being on the road soon.

That's the good part...it was actually nicer out weeks ago...weather's been kind of lousy lately, and next week doesn't look greta either, so there's that.

I am signed up for the "Distinguished Gentleman's Ride" on May 23rd, and I'm sure I'll be good to go by then.

Max BMW is also pretty motivated to see the bike gone since it's in a few pieces and taking up space that I'm sure they'd rather be using to fix other people's bikes.

That and I'm sure they would like to get paid.

SPP

Well, I picked up my baby this afternoon, all fixed up and ready for many miles and lots of smiles.

It was a long wait, just shy of 12 weeks, but worth it 'cause its home.

And everything is fixed.

And I don 't see a drop of oil on the garage floor :)

SPP

Rode out to Hudson on a beautiful Spring day, sat around out in front of Moto Coffee Machine sipping a latte and BS'ing with a couple guys with GS's and Ducatis.

Came home, had a nice grilled cheese, and sat around down at the pond watching Wilma hunt for fish and Tennessee swim out and retrieve his ball about a hundred times.

May 16, 2021 by SPP™ SlowPokePete, on Flickr

Pond Puppy by SPP™ SlowPokePete, on Flickr

SPP

:) I’m on the left coast, and will be taking the new to me ‘83ST to the 49er In about 10 days.
It’ll be a 10 day shake down ride on as many West Slope Sierra Nevada roads between Yosemite and Sequoia as I can manage.
Bill
7F648F0F-5DC7-47C0-89BC-229149FEFEC3.jpg

So far, the few miles that I’ve been able to ride it have been on arrow straight roads.
😝

Pup

I had a co worker with a R90/6 who had a pad on the gas tank and his Yorkshire terrier used to ride with him. Wilma looks a little big for that.

I do have a friend now who's current dog as well as his past dogs used to ride with him on the back seat of all his motorized vehicles. We could never figure how the heck they could hold on but, they never fell off. Motorcycle, snowmobile, ATV, bulldozer front end loader, a dog is on his lap or behind him. St.

I had a co worker with a R90/6 who had a pad on the gas tank and his Yorkshire terrier used to ride with him. Wilma looks a little big for that.

I do have a friend now who's current dog as well as his past dogs used to ride with him on the back seat of all his motorized vehicles. We could never figure how the heck they could hold on but, they never fell off. Motorcycle, snowmobile, ATV, bulldozer front end loader, a dog is on his lap or behind him. St.

Well, the one in the picture is Tennessee, he's about 85 pounds. I didn't include a pic of Wilma...she's a Border Collie type dog (both are rescues) and she's prob a little under 40 pounds. But I don't fancy having either of them on the bike.

Edit ... here's Wilma together with Tennessee...

April 23, 2021 by SPP™ SlowPokePete, on Flickr

A sidecar setup might work though lol.

SPP

Back