Thread: Sena 50s

Sena 50s

Tried to connect my Sena 50s to my k1600 gtl so the radio would play thru the headset. Going thru the audio connector, it gives me Bmw Nav & Tune2Air connections as a choice. Anyone know how I can get it to recognize the Sena as a connection choice ?

Connecting via bluetooth or trying to connect via wired connection?
    Shawn Conver
    K4CTD
    2011 R1200RT, 2018 Cummins 2500, 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by tsconver View Post
    Connecting via bluetooth or trying to connect via wired connection?
    Bluetooth.

This is how I paired my Sena 50 to the RT. also it seems to work best if you turn the helmet on first before the bike is powered up. Unpair everything and start fresh.

Unpair Sena ----------- Hold jog 10s find function phone tap sets

RT
    Sena to bike
    Media selective paring --- P 5s – jog 1 tap
    Phone to NAV
    NAV to Sena – Jog 5s – P 1s – P 1s
    Buck in Greensboro, NC
    2013 R 1200 RT Midnight Blue - traded, 2014 R 1200 RT Ebony Metallic, 2016 S 1000 XR

Ok. Got my 50s connected thru phone & Nav. It will receive calls & shows caller ID thru the gps. It also gives voice directions thru helmet, all good. I also got the bike system to recognize the sena & play the radio thru thru the helmet. With 5Ē of fresh snow I have todo all this in the garage, no road test yet. My question.... it appears that I may loose the bike (radio) connection when the bike is switched off & restarted. If so, is there a easy, quick way to reconnect without having to going thru the process of unpairing everything & redoing everything ??

Not sure about that.
    Buck in Greensboro, NC
    2013 R 1200 RT Midnight Blue - traded, 2014 R 1200 RT Ebony Metallic, 2016 S 1000 XR

I have a 20s (similar function). If the bike shuts down (say at the gas pump). The Sena will automatically reconnect when you fire the bike back up. I personally do not pair the gps to helmet, I found that when traveling, every time the GPS speaks, the audio connection is dropped and has to reconnect after each GPS prompt. But the GPS will automatically run the prompts thru the bikes audio system and simply mute the audio for a second during the prompt. And there's no delay waiting for a connection to re-establish. Not playing audio, tune the audio system to (auxiliary) all will be quiet until the GPS speaks. True you will not get caller ID on the GPS screen, But I personally prefer not to.

Added Note: When pairing, it really helps to be away from all other Bluetooth sources.

I simply turn on my Sena, put on my helmet, hear it confirm connection to my iPhone, and as the bike fires up I hear it confirm connection to the audio system ( or when I turn on audio).

Quote Originally Posted by gordonb View Post
    I have a 20s (similar function). If the bike shuts down (say at the gas pump). The Sena will automatically reconnect when you fire the bike back up. I personally do not pair the gps to helmet, I found that when traveling, every time the GPS speaks, the audio connection is dropped and has to reconnect after each GPS prompt. But the GPS will automatically run the prompts thru the bikes audio system and simply mute the audio for a second during the prompt. And there's no delay waiting for a connection to re-establish. Not playing audio, tune the audio system to (auxiliary) all will be quiet until the GPS speaks. True you will not get caller ID on the GPS screen, But I personally prefer not to.

Added Note: When pairing, it really helps to be away from all other Bluetooth sources.

I simply turn on my Sena, put on my helmet, hear it confirm connection to my iPhone, and as the bike fires up I hear it confirm connection to the audio system ( or when I turn on audio).
    Ok. Thanks. Iíll look @ that when weather clears & I can get bike out.

the reason to pair the nav to the helmet is so I can use the media player or route the music from pandora to the helmet. As long as I turn on the helmet first I never lose pairings. This has worked for the 20 20S and the 50.
    Buck in Greensboro, NC