• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sena 50s

marv-lou

Tried to connect my Sena 50s to my k1600 gtl so the radio would play thru the headset. Going thru the audio connector, it gives me Bmw Nav & Tune2Air connections as a choice. Anyone know how I can get it to recognize the Sena as a connection choice ?

This is how I paired my Sena 50 to the RT. also it seems to work best if you turn the helmet on first before the bike is powered up. Unpair everything and start fresh.

Unpair Sena ----------- Hold jog 10s find function phone tap sets

RT
Sena to bike
Media selective paring --- P 5s – jog 1 tap
Phone to NAV
NAV to Sena – Jog 5s – P 1s – P 1s

Ok. Got my 50s connected thru phone & Nav. It will receive calls & shows caller ID thru the gps. It also gives voice directions thru helmet, all good. I also got the bike system to recognize the sena & play the radio thru thru the helmet. With 5” of fresh snow I have todo all this in the garage, no road test yet. My question.... it appears that I may loose the bike (radio) connection when the bike is switched off & restarted. If so, is there a easy, quick way to reconnect without having to going thru the process of unpairing everything & redoing everything ??

I have a 20s (similar function). If the bike shuts down (say at the gas pump). The Sena will automatically reconnect when you fire the bike back up. I personally do not pair the gps to helmet, I found that when traveling, every time the GPS speaks, the audio connection is dropped and has to reconnect after each GPS prompt. But the GPS will automatically run the prompts thru the bikes audio system and simply mute the audio for a second during the prompt. And there's no delay waiting for a connection to re-establish. Not playing audio, tune the audio system to (auxiliary) all will be quiet until the GPS speaks. True you will not get caller ID on the GPS screen, But I personally prefer not to.

Added Note: When pairing, it really helps to be away from all other Bluetooth sources.

I simply turn on my Sena, put on my helmet, hear it confirm connection to my iPhone, and as the bike fires up I hear it confirm connection to the audio system ( or when I turn on audio).

I have a 20s (similar function). If the bike shuts down (say at the gas pump). The Sena will automatically reconnect when you fire the bike back up. I personally do not pair the gps to helmet, I found that when traveling, every time the GPS speaks, the audio connection is dropped and has to reconnect after each GPS prompt. But the GPS will automatically run the prompts thru the bikes audio system and simply mute the audio for a second during the prompt. And there's no delay waiting for a connection to re-establish. Not playing audio, tune the audio system to (auxiliary) all will be quiet until the GPS speaks. True you will not get caller ID on the GPS screen, But I personally prefer not to.

Added Note: When pairing, it really helps to be away from all other Bluetooth sources.

I simply turn on my Sena, put on my helmet, hear it confirm connection to my iPhone, and as the bike fires up I hear it confirm connection to the audio system ( or when I turn on audio).

Ok. Thanks. I’ll look @ that when weather clears & I can get bike out.

the reason to pair the nav to the helmet is so I can use the media player or route the music from pandora to the helmet. As long as I turn on the helmet first I never lose pairings. This has worked for the 20 20S and the 50.

Back