• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

70+ owners of RT

67 here and on my second RT, stepped down from a Harley Electra Glide. I find the balance of the RT very nice. My knees are worn out from too many years of logging. Decided to get Illium crash bars for when and if it decided to fall over, but it is so well balanced. My other bike is a 2006 F650GS, I think if I were to step down it would be to a F750GS or 850.

RT Owner

I love my RT. I went to an RT from a Goldwing, and for comfort, smoothness, amenities for over the road travel, power, curvy mountain road handling, it is hard to beat. Add in the BMW reliability and it is a good all around bike. I'm on my 2nd one now. I'm 73, and figure I've only got about 20-25 years left to ride, so making the most of it with the RT:

red_boat1.jpg

72, switched to a RT from a 1600gt five years ago, less likely to kill myself or end up in jail on the RT, big plus it’s a lot lighter. My 76 year old riding buddy(20 RT)and I just did a 2day 500 miler warm up for summer riding

You guys (gals) inspire me! 52 here but still feel old. I hope I can ride solidly into my 70s - hell I hope I live into my 70s.

I was 60 when I traded my Electra Glide for a brand new 2016 RT. I thought "I wonder if I'm the only one doing this?" Looks like I'm not alone. Still happy with the trade.

I guess I am a youngin at 65 and have a RT and GS. Love them both. Lot's of riders 70+ on RT's

You should check out BMWST site and ask the same question ... HA!

I love my RT. I went to an RT from a Goldwing, and for comfort, smoothness, amenities for over the road travel, power, curvy mountain road handling, it is hard to beat. Add in the BMW reliability and it is a good all around bike. I'm on my 2nd one now. I'm 73, and figure I've only got about 20-25 years left to ride, so making the most of it with the RT:

View attachment 83282
I'm giving you a bump for two reasons. The first is your beautiful photo of 'my' Martian Red 1200RT, although when you took it and put it next to that boat I don't know. It is a nice composition though. The second reason is that I'm also 73 and still having a ball on a bike. My wife and I used to ride my first bike, a brand new '64 Honda Dream, all over NJ back in high school (got my license at 15 years, 9 months), but she won't get on a motorcycle now. She feels a lot more mortal than she did when she was 16. Still, she figures it was the best compromise. Before buying the RT I kinda jokingly said I was considering three things, a motorcycle, a small plane, or a mistress. I let her decide just so she'd know I valued her input.

Back