• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Corona by the Numbers - How is your State doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjohnsd

'21 R1250 GS Adv
South Dakota keeps muddling along.

We've done a good job getting the willing folks vaccinated but we have too many unwilling.

2021-04-19-17_08_29%20Vaccinations-M.png

Our % of positive tests has dropped down below 10% and we are running about 150 cases a day over the seven-day average.

2021-04-19-17_13_04%20Average%20Positive%20Tests-XL.png

Active Cases are predominately in the younger age ranges.
2021-04-19-17_28_19%20Active%20Cases-M.png

Only five deaths so far in April 2021 and we remain below 2,000 overall at 1,953.

Things are definitely better than they were in October/November.

Now if we can just get the rest of the population vaccinated.........

Whatever will we do with the “unwilling”?

Perhaps pink triangle patches? Camps, maybe? What do you say we exclude them from society at large?

What percentage of “cases” result in death? Bahh! That’s not alarmist enough. Good thing all of the “willing” flattened the curve in 15 days, ey?

Geeziss, the Sickness Cult is disgusting, and worse than that, it truly lacks any sense of irony.

Whatever will we do with the “unwilling”?

Perhaps pink triangle patches? Camps, maybe? What do you say we exclude them from society at large?

What percentage of “cases” result in death? Bahh! That’s not alarmist enough. Good thing all of the “willing” flattened the curve in 15 days, ey?

Geeziss, the Sickness Cult is disgusting, and worse than that, it truly lacks any sense of irony.

Oh my, here we go........

I gotta admit that the changes in the US have outpaced Canada and for that, thank you. A New Normal will likely be lead by my neighbours to the south of me.

I'm vaccinated and still follow all the protocols, not that I worry as much about catching the Covid but more that I can carry it and pass it on.

The rate of death and infections has been slowed dramatically in the US since you got new leadership.

The VOC (variants of concern) have yet to manifest in tangible results for the infected.

Still though, maybe the argument that the death rate from Covid is a bit of hype but there is no denying that those that do survive can have lifelong devastating health issues.

The number of "long haulers" is beyond comprehension and I know of where I speak. My son is a long hauler and I am genuinely scared for him.

Oh my, here we go........

The rate of death and infections has been slowed dramatically in the US since you got new leadership.

Correlation does not equal causation. In fact the OLD leadership is responsible for the vaccination fast track. The OLD leadership rightly left to each state the responsibility for a rollout that suited that state. The OLD leadership was well aware that a cure worse than the disease was unacceptable to this country (and states that aren't totally shutdown are faring no worse than states that are on absolute lockdown). Depression, suicide, alcoholism, deferred health checks, heart disease, lost education and socialization are all long term effects we should be prepared to deal with. I miss the old leadership- entertaining, practical, coherent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back