Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: All neutrals after deceleration

None

Rankin- why don't you knock it off with the negative ways..

So, am I to change my ways and sing the everlasting praises of BMW?

Sorry, BMW marketing and engineering need both positive and negative feedback. I will admit, I use this forum to give negative feedback as I have found going through BMW channels over the years concerning problems due to their design plans fall on deaf ears 90% of the time.

I cannot condone making changes in design to something such as going from a well thought out robust design to a "cost saving" design that does not work then bites the owner and mechanics later down the road.

I have not insulted or abused any of the members of this forum, at least I have not been informed by the fine moderators I have done such. When I do, I will change my attitude and if so apologize.

As to my attitude toward BMW, I call a spade a spade, I have made many comments in other posts how it is I lost my respect and love for BMW many years ago. I stay active in this forum because it regards to the best bikes BMW ever made, the airheads. It also contains a lot of people such as myself who do not want to be enslaved or beholden to BMW's dealerships in order to keep their bikes running and repaired. In many cases such as I have encountered personally, current BMW dealerships may not even work on our old bikes. Hence the thankful opening of airhead shops or people who do still admire or enjoy the airheads.

I will gladly sing the praises of such shops and people because of them, I can keep enjoying the two BMW bikes I love. Last time I checked, I have a free right to express my opinions negative or positive. So, no, I will not knock off the negative when it is appropriate. St.

Quote Originally Posted by nickrides View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu2ug--bFPI

Nick
    1978 R-80
    You are correct Nick!
    1980 R100T
    1971 R50/5
    G650GS
    1947 James ML

Quote Originally Posted by nickrides View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu2ug--bFPI

Nick
    1978 R-80
    I guess what Nick is saying is that there are other ways to get your point across. One of the other parts of this MOA forum is CAMPFIRE. In Campfire you can elaborate, pontificate, or in general, make your opinions known.

I think that most people come to Airheads to get some help. Not to chat.

But that's just my opinion so I'll just shut up now! No offense intended.
    1980 R100T
    1971 R50/5
    G650GS
    1947 James ML

Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider View Post
    Thanks for the numerical data--that makes the sizing issue clear. On the free play adjustment, the diagram below from the Clymer manual might help:

Attachment 83322

"A" is the locknut, "B" is the adjusting screw, and dimension "A" should be 201-203mm from the rear face of the boss that holds the clutch cable to the front of the barrel at the actuating arm.

HTH,

DeVern
    I adjusted it as shown in the diagram. Thanks for providing it, my factory shop manual doesn't include that information. I have taken a few test rides and the clutch is working perfectly now, no more instances of sticking. Problem solved.

I really appreciate the assistance all of you have given. Your help was spot on - thank you!!!

Best,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by murty View Post
    I adjusted it as shown in the diagram. Thanks for providing it, my factory shop manual doesn't include that information. I have taken a few test rides and the clutch is working perfectly now, no more instances of sticking. Problem solved.

I really appreciate the assistance all of you have given. Your help was spot on - thank you!!!

Best,
    Paul
    Also, I discovered this coffee straw/stir-stick from a local espresso stand is exactly 202mm long... coincidence?

Clutch setup tool.jpg