• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2019 R1250RT GS-911 Plug Location

Napadawg

I wanted to re-set my service light with my GS-911 WiFi tool so I searched the net but could not find specific info for my RT model. The plug is located on the throttle side of the RT, under the lower cowling Tupperware and in front of the battery. The plug is secured to the RT's chassis by male & female plastic rails. As you look at the plug head on, there is a latch located on the plug's upper left corner. Push the plastic latch toward the center of the RT and pull up on the plug, toward the seat to free the plug from its male rails. The plug has a cover which is released be pressing both sides of the cover to free it from the plug. As you'll see the female rails are part of the plug's cover. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_2875.jpg
    IMG_2875.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_2880.jpg
    IMG_2880.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_2881.jpg
    IMG_2881.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_2882.jpg
    IMG_2882.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
I have a plug under the rear seat of my 2019 RT that i assume is a similar plug, its the same as the plug on my old 2012 GS i needed to buy an adaptor to be able to use the GS911, check it out, by the way i have not tested it yet but assume it would work with the right OBDII adaptor and its far easier to get to.
Just my 2 cents as a new member.

I have a plug under the rear seat of my 2019 RT that i assume is a similar plug, its the same as the plug on my old 2012 GS i needed to buy an adaptor to be able to use the GS911, check it out, by the way i have not tested it yet but assume it would work with the right OBDII adaptor and its far easier to get to.
Just my 2 cents as a new member.

I am pretty sure that is for power for a top box (round plug.) the one you need is by the battery.
I believe on that year it is a standard obdll rectangle plug.

All the R1200 and R1250 Wetheads have the plug for the shop computer and GS911 in the same location as shown in the first post.
The round plug under the rear seat of a RT is for the top box taillight.

Back