Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How about some follow up!

Those look amazing.

SPP

Rude

I looked back at a fellow's post, who wrote about problems on a bike that would not run despite being overhauled and a new ignition system installed. The post was two pages long, and after a "I will try that out". Nothing! So I am wondering, was his problem his installation of the system? Was his problem related to something else done by the previous owner, a defective part? What caused his problem?

If it is the product he used and it was defective, it is nice to have feedback because someday down the road, I may want to use the product and I sure would like to know if it works or not or, if there are major problems installing it. It is also nice to know if the vendor stands behind the product or not.

The point of a forum like this is to share information and help each other out not just take and not give back. Paying dues to the MOA and being allowed to use the forum as a membership benefit does not mean a one way street. Being a member of a club means two way communication and sharing of information or activity or, am I wrong?

Granted some posts just end due to natural lack of things to add, that is fine when dealing with some issues but not all.

Mind you, I am posting this rant and I will bet the people it is directed against are no longer reading the forum posts because they selfishly got what they wanted and won't post again until they need something else.

So, for you who follow the forum you can have a good laugh at my tilting at windmills. St.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar

There is no rule that a thread has to be finished.....It is nice when it is. Encouraging a follow-up to a thread......leading by example.....thanking a poster for the follow-up/ending seems to me a better way to go than trying to make a poster feel bad.
    OM

Quote Originally Posted by STEVENRANKIN View Post
    I looked back at a fellow's post, who wrote about problems on a bike that would not run despite being overhauled and a new ignition system installed. The post was two pages long, and after a "I will try that out". Nothing! So I am wondering, was his problem his installation of the system? Was his problem related to something else done by the previous owner, a defective part? What caused his problem?

If it is the product he used and it was defective, it is nice to have feedback because someday down the road, I may want to use the product and I sure would like to know if it works or not or, if there are major problems installing it. It is also nice to know if the vendor stands behind the product or not.

The point of a forum like this is to share information and help each other out not just take and not give back. Paying dues to the MOA and being allowed to use the forum as a membership benefit does not mean a one way street. Being a member of a club means two way communication and sharing of information or activity or, am I wrong?

Granted some posts just end due to natural lack of things to add, that is fine when dealing with some issues but not all.

Mind you, I am posting this rant and I will bet the people it is directed against are no longer reading the forum posts because they selfishly got what they wanted and won't post again until they need something else.

So, for you who follow the forum you can have a good laugh at my tilting at windmills. St.
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

For the most part

I agree, kindest is the best way to get best behavior. However, as a grumpy old man, I don't always follow the best advice.

I had a long running debate with my sister regarding family things. She was of the opinion the problem would solve itself by kindness, the gentle touch a good point, however, what solved the problem was direct message to those involved, not a mean message nor nasty but an honest one a kind one. "Hey, people would like to hear how you made out after we took the time to involve ourselves in your problems." By not following up, we who helped feel unappreciated, unloved, unimportant.

Sorry gang, the forum is NOT my family, so I will not give you all the same level of love and concern I do my family I will try to but I may fail to. I will try very hard not to be down right mean, hurtful or insulting when dealing with you all in my forum dealings.

Sometimes, like some family members a stern reminder is the only way to get an attitude correction.

Like in my family, I find it hard to understand why a short note can't be posted or texted. After all this is the age of instant communication. I got rid of my quill pen and parchment a long time ago.

It is raining and I am grumpy, oh, I think I said that in another post. Cheers, St.

Come to think of it

Come to think of it Kindness is the only way to approach things. I have said you in the forum are not my family and I do not give you the same consideration as I do family members. I light bulb went off in the dark portion of my brain and I see the light. I should be giving you in the forum the same consideration as I do my family. I am sorry for not doing so.

Love will always defeat bad behavior, hate, anger and a host of other problems. Forgive me for forgetting this fact. Cheers, St.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVENRANKIN View Post

Love will always defeat bad behavior, hate, anger and a host of other problems.
    Truth.

SPP