Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Replacement Light Bulb for XR

  1. #1
    Barça Fan mjmorrisva@gmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Round Rock, Texas
    Posts
    7

    Replacement Light Bulb for XR

    Friends, anyone with an XR replaced the OEM bulbs with something different that worked well? I understand there are some options out there, some of which require substantial customization. I'm interested in drop in replacement bulbs that cast a brighter light with similar beam focus?

    Thoughts?
    M
    1982 R100RT
    2016 S1000XR

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mill Creek, WA
    Posts
    63
    I installed one of these each in my low beam and highbeam and they work well...
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    I also replaced the two small running lights with LED bulbs of the same color temperature but can't find my source right now.
    Randy
    CURRENT: 2018 S1000XR, R75/7
    PAST BMWs: 2016 R1200RS, 2013 R1200RT, 2002 R1150RT, 1982 R100RS, 1993 K1100RS, 1993 K1100LT, 1989 R100RT, 1978 R80/7

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmorrisva@gmail.com View Post
    Friends, anyone with an XR replaced the OEM bulbs with something different that worked well? I understand there are some options out there, some of which require substantial customization. I'm interested in drop in replacement bulbs that cast a brighter light with similar beam focus?

    Thoughts?
    M
    I used these with a cover i purchased online and needed to modify.

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

  4. #4
    Barça Fan mjmorrisva@gmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Round Rock, Texas
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUZER View Post
    I installed one of these each in my low beam and highbeam and they work well...
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    I also replaced the two small running lights with LED bulbs of the same color temperature but can't find my source right now.
    Thanks for responding. Was the LEDs for high/low...plug n play or did you have to modify?

    Thoughts?
    1982 R100RT
    2016 S1000XR

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mill Creek, WA
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmorrisva@gmail.com View Post
    Thanks for responding. Was the LEDs for high/low...plug n play or did you have to modify?

    Thoughts?
    As with the other responder I did need a deeper cover for the rear, I used this one...
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    So, it's almost a plug n play situation but you do need to fit the bulb, then adjust the wiring and the adapter box so it fits inside, then install the new rubber cover.
    Randy
    CURRENT: 2018 S1000XR, R75/7
    PAST BMWs: 2016 R1200RS, 2013 R1200RT, 2002 R1150RT, 1982 R100RS, 1993 K1100RS, 1993 K1100LT, 1989 R100RT, 1978 R80/7

Similar Threads

  1. 2004 R1200C valeo fog light bulb replacement help
    By jamesfeatherstone in forum Oilheads
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2020, 05:01 PM
  2. Light bulb replacement - recommendations
    By tangoalpha in forum Oilheads
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-14-2019, 04:47 PM
  3. Factory Fog Light Bulb Replacement
    By froggy in forum Oilheads
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 03:06 PM
  4. R65LS tail light bulb replacement
    By jgp1854 in forum Airheads
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 12:40 AM
  5. LED light bulb replacement
    By flashman51 in forum Oilheads
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 03:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •