• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member from Chester County PA!

Back2Maiden

Greetings Everyone,
I have an '07 Yamaha V-Star 650 but decided I wanted something else. Researched and pondered for months and determined the bike that could meet my city nimbleness, pothole handling, touring, modern and durable needs was the R1200 GS. I am in the process of purchasing a 2016 and am beyond excited.

Yes, I know my womanly 5'4" self could have found another bike. Being older has made me wiser and undaunted by change. The R1200 GS was the only bike that met everything on my extensive checklist. Besides, there are plenty of inseam challenged people who ride this bike just fine without lowering. :) I'm looking forward to making the crossover from cruiser to adventure.....and all the new adventures that await me!

Welcome from Newfoundland, have fun on your big beast. I too am inseam challenged and that doesn't faze me a bit on my 37" seat height!

Welcome ms_guy99! When are you expecting to take delivery of the GS? I would be remiss if I didn't request that you post a picture or two once the GS is in your possession.

Welcome ms_guy99! When are you expecting to take delivery of the GS? I would be remiss if I didn't request that you post a picture or two once the GS is in your possession.

Going to pick her up in 2 weeks! Photos will definitely be posted. Working to get everything I need together (low seat, high boots, phone mount, dashcam, etc.) so that she will be ride ready. Will have to wait one more day since out of state purchase and still need to do taxes, title, tags, etc. Thankfully have been lurking here for months so I already have a pretty good idea of what I wanted/needed.

It's going to be a long painful two weeks. On the plus side, weather looks good so far!

Where in Virginia? We live a few minutes from the entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Hey David,
Sorry I missed this. I went to Salem, VA to Frontline Eurosports. The crew there was absolutely amazing. If they were 4-5 hours closer I would get it serviced there. For now, I just gave to wait till 3 years after the next major remodel...when I'm sure the next set of new bells and whistles will have me like Jeremy and the sparkly scene from Secrets of Nihm. [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

https://youtu.be/mC5P234Fs8s

I hope to revisit prior to then. They said there was some nice areas to ride in down there!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Hey David,
Sorry I missed this. I went to Salem, VA to Frontline Eurosports. The crew there was absolutely amazing. If they were 4-5 hours closer I would get it serviced there. For now, I just gave to wait till 3 years after the next major remodel...when I'm sure the next set of new bells and whistles will have me like Jeremy and the sparkly scene from Secrets of Nihm. [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

https://youtu.be/mC5P234Fs8s

I hope to revisit prior to then. They said there was some nice areas to ride in down there!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

We're headed to Frontline soon for a fuel pump replacement on my wife' R1200R. We lived closer to Morton's for a long time so I'm glad to her good things about them. No shortage of good roads around here, the BRP is only a start point.

Back