• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

What is this mount?

Back2Maiden

Hello,
In the process of buying my first BMW bike, 2016 R1200 GS. Granted I can't get it till later in the month I am trying to get everything ready ahead of time. I noticed this mount. It doesn't look like the GPS mounts I have seen. It doesn't seem to have a spot to connect the GPS. Does anyone know what this is? If it is a GPS mount, for what brand GPSs?

I did try to reverse image search with Google but could not find anything similar in the images.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Mount.jpg
    Mount.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 492
Last edited:
That is what’s called the “GPS Prep” package. It’s a mount for the BMW Navigator VI, a GPS manufactured for BMW by Garmin. The NAV VI integrates with the bike, through this mount, so that you can control many GPS functions with the “wonder wheel” and so the GPS can display bike info like fuel mileage, tripmeter, engine temp, and more. The NAV VI can also function as a media player.

Best,
DeVern

It is also the mount for the Garmin/BMW Nav V gps unit. Hopefully you will get an owner's manual for your GS. That will explain how to operate the locking feature of that mount.

Harry

That is what’s called the “GPS Prep” package. It’s a mount for the BMW Navigator VI, a GPS manufactured for BMW by Garmin. The NAV VI integrates with the bike, through this mount, so that you can control many GPS functions with the “wonder wheel” and so the GPS can display bike info like fuel mileage, tripmeter, engine temp, and more. The NAV VI can also function as a media player.

Best,
DeVern

Yes, that's the best feature of that mount-IT LOCKS!

Thank you!

Thanks for the responses! I did look in the owners manual online and see there is a protective cover for it and that is why I don't see the contacts!

THANKS AGAIN!

Back