• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

RDC / Tire pressure question . . .

ilducemassimo

Today I picked up the bike after having some new 50/50 tires installed in order to attend a BMWOA class in Arizona next week. A few miles into the ride the tire pressure alert popped up on the dashboard indicating the significant difference in tire pressure from where it should be, set as a factory standard I suppose (I am not aware of a way to change that default) . . . So I got home and started to study the owners manual to see how I can circumvent that alert as I'm certain it'll happen every time I'm out and it registers the pressure discrepancy. My understanding is it has to do with the RDC alert which there is a setting where one can turn it on or off so I turned it off. Is that the correct/only way to not have the tire pressure alert pop up?

Not sure on your bike but from what I have seen, either some drive cycles or just a bit of time itself (patience) may be all that is needed.
Let us know if you can.
OM

My understanding is it has to do with the RDC alert which there is a setting where one can turn it on or off so I turned it off. Is that the correct/only way to not have the tire pressure alert pop up?

You can turn off the RDC warning in Off Road Riding Modes.

The Owners Manual for my 2017 says (apologies, but this is written in the usual BMW incomprehensible language - but play with it and you can figure it out):

Deactivate the RDC for off-roading with Pro riding modes OE Requirement

You can deactivate RDC warnings for the Enduro and Enduro Pro riding modes when you want to lower the tyre pressures for off-roading.

Switching on ignition ( 46). Repeatedly press button 1 briefly until the top display line displays 2 SETUP ENTER.

Operation

Press and hold button 1 to start the SETUP menu.
Press button 1 briefly to go to the next menu item RDC.
In the top display line 2, RDC is displayed.
The bottom display line 3 shows the preset value.
Press button 4 briefly in order to change the set value.
The following settings are available:
ON: The RDC warning symbol
in the display does not show.
An out-of-tolerance tyre pressure is displayed in the Enduro and Enduro Pro riding modes.
OFF: The RDC warning symbol in the display shows and an out-of-tolerance tyre pressure is displayed in the Enduro and
Enduro Pro riding modes

You can turn off the RDC warning in Off Road Riding Modes.

The Owners Manual for my 2017 says (apologies, but this is written in the usual BMW incomprehensible language - but play with it and you can figure it out):

Deactivate the RDC for off-roading with Pro riding modes OE Requirement

You can deactivate RDC warnings for the Enduro and Enduro Pro riding modes when you want to lower the tyre pressures for off-roading.

Switching on ignition ( 46). Repeatedly press button 1 briefly until the top display line displays 2 SETUP ENTER.

Operation

Press and hold button 1 to start the SETUP menu.
Press button 1 briefly to go to the next menu item RDC.
In the top display line 2, RDC is displayed.
The bottom display line 3 shows the preset value.
Press button 4 briefly in order to change the set value.
The following settings are available:
ON: The RDC warning symbol
in the display does not show.
An out-of-tolerance tyre pressure is displayed in the Enduro and Enduro Pro riding modes.
OFF: The RDC warning symbol in the display shows and an out-of-tolerance tyre pressure is displayed in the Enduro and
Enduro Pro riding modes

I'll have to play around with the different riding modes and make that adjustment once I'm in the 'Enduro Pro' mode, seems like it will be perfect for the off road part of the ride. I was hoping I could get that accomplished while riding on pavement in my normally ridden 'Dynamic' mode and it appears to me the only way to get that done is to just turn that capability off all together . . .

Back