• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Greetings from Winston-Salem North Carolina!

obx_fisherman

Howdy, looking forward to meeting folks and chatting! I have a 2019 R1250GSA, my second adventure bike. Started with a Suzuki V-Strom 650 I've ridden all over NC with. The GSA was my dream bike.

Here's a pic from a year ago near the Yadkin River in Davey County
obx_r1250gsa_yadkin_river.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200101_142741.jpg
    IMG_20200101_142741.jpg
    777.7 KB · Views: 76
Welcome! And, a beautiful bike there. As I have said to other members in the Piedmont Triad, this is a great area to ride (all year long). There is a very small group of us, good riders, that meet and ride regularly. We are a no frills, no cost, internet group. Meet to ride is typically, 2, 3 or occasionally 4 riders. There is also a good MOA Chartered club with quite a few members in the area - BMW Tarheel Travelers. Princely sum of $10 a year gets you entry, and a monthly electronic newsletter.

Send me a PM with this website and I will send you details and links.

Our local group - groups.io search for TriadRiders.

Welcome obx_fisherman! Lovely bike with lovely surroundings. Congrats on obtaining the dream. Thanks for posting. For what do you fish when fishing the outerbanks?

Welcome obx_fisherman! Lovely bike with lovely surroundings. Congrats on obtaining the dream. Thanks for posting. For what do you fish when fishing the outerbanks?

Pretty much anything that will get on my hook! :) I was in Hatteras in Nov fishing from the beach and caught some flounder, blues, skates, whiting and oddly enough a pompano. Water was still warm and everything was small and the wind was fierce!

Hatteras Lighthouse just over the roof of the jeep:
PXL_20201030_125434869.jpg

Howdy, looking forward to meeting folks and chatting! I have a 2019 R1250GSA, my second adventure bike. Started with a Suzuki V-Strom 650 I've ridden all over NC with. The GSA was my dream bike.

Hi obx_fisherman !

Welcome! I reside in Winston Salem (aka Wallburg) as well!

Dave

Hello and welcome!

I love Winston Salem. I lived in eastern Guilford County for 15 years, now I am in Anderson SC. I purchased two bikes from Honda of Winston Salem while I lived up there. Spent a lot of time riding just north of you on HWY8, 52, Stuart/Floyd/Meadows of Dan VA areas, Pilot Mountain Hanging Rock State Park, etc.

In addition to my Hondas, I now have a 2018 R1200RT!

Hope to meetup!

Chris Hansen

Back