Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MAX BMW Customer Service

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    My experience is they don't handle email responses well at all so always call. They will ship in a week if they have the part and maybe two or three if they don't but you will always get what you ordered if you are patient. Things did slow down due to Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    Hey Medic dude... hope things are well in Fort Sam Houston. As others have stated here, I too have never had the slightest issue with Max BMW... one of the best.

On line awesome moto companies; Reece racks and stacks em:

Bobís BMW
    MAX BMW
    Sierra BMW
    Revzilla

Iím sure others can add to the list.
    Hermys (BMW AND Triumph!)

I live 20 minutes from the Max mothership (NH) and have bought five bikes there so I admit bias...but I buy plenty of parts online from them and have always had great service. Typically the next day I have an e-mail with my order number and a summary of what's coming. I'd absolutely give 'em a call.
    Dave K.
    1971 R75/5, 2016 R1200R

Quote Originally Posted by rick601 View Post
    Hermys (BMW AND Triumph!)

Awesome! I knew we could add to the list.

Grass Roots in Cape Gerardo was impressive when Brian Hinton and I visited it on our way back from the Iowa rally.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

Second the call to check on order. Same issue with me but I was ordering the stock enhanced tool kit which they had to get from Germany maybe. Anyway two weeks and I called Tuesday and they told me everything was in and it might go out in a day or two. I told them I could use it and they shipped it that day. Nice folks. I just think the online orders are not as important as the work in front of them which is fine.
    Signature

Placed an order on-line Saturday morning... received email acknowledging the order. Contained in the email was this statement:

"Within 24-72 hours you will receive an e-mail confirmation from our Internet Sales Department. Included will be an image of your order."

On Wednesday I responded via email asking for a status.... no response.

As of yesterday (Thursday) I had heard or received nothing so I started calling. First two attempts to order status (ext. 1219) went to voice mail. Message was left but not returned. Third attempt I went through the menu to parts and the call was answered.... I was put on hold while they attempted to find the right guy. He was not found but I was able to get a status, the items were there but had not shipped. Was assured they would begin the process (how long would they have sat had I not called?).

Need to take into account that an order placed on Saturday won't be looked at until Tuesday at the earliest. The problem I have with any on-line ordering system is when an established process is not not followed or feedback is not given. Experience tells me that nothing is happening due to a slip-up and usually I have a bike on the lift or a schedule to be kept and being in limbo is not acceptable.

Since this thread relates to Customer Service I'll refrain from going into the MAX BMW Sales or Service categories....

My R80ST is at Max in Troy, NY for some repairs.

These guys are SLAMMED with work right now.

Not trying to make excuses...but be patient, and if you really have a question or concern, pick up the phone and call.

SPP

I use to deal with Max for parts for years, no problem. Then about ten years ago they change something I couldn't get no where with them I had give up.

I've done business with them and never had a problem. Some items took a while to get, but that was to be expected because they were had-to-find parts not in US inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by tinmedic View Post
    Has anyone done any business with MAX BMW? I put an order in last week but havenít heard anything and they havenít responded to any emails.
    Yes.

The last order (Jan 13, 2021) I placed with MAX BMW I got a confirmation email with the FedEx tracking number. Order arrived in a few days. Did you get a confirmation email and were you charged for the order?

My experience with MAX has always been great. The few times the part was not in stock MAX let me know about it and kept me updated.
    Scott Taranovich
    McKinney, Texas
    2019 R1250RT

Quote Originally Posted by GIARCG View Post
    Placed an order on-line Saturday morning... received email acknowledging the order. Contained in the email was this statement:

"Within 24-72 hours you will receive an e-mail confirmation from our Internet Sales Department. Included will be an image of your order."

On Wednesday I responded via email asking for a status.... no response.

As of yesterday (Thursday) I had heard or received nothing so I started calling. First two attempts to order status (ext. 1219) went to voice mail. Message was left but not returned. Third attempt I went through the menu to parts and the call was answered.... I was put on hold while they attempted to find the right guy. He was not found but I was able to get a status, the items were there but had not shipped. Was assured they would begin the process (how long would they have sat had I not called?).

Need to take into account that an order placed on Saturday won't be looked at until Tuesday at the earliest. The problem I have with any on-line ordering system is when an established process is not not followed or feedback is not given. Experience tells me that nothing is happening due to a slip-up and usually I have a bike on the lift or a schedule to be kept and being in limbo is not acceptable.

Since this thread relates to Customer Service I'll refrain from going into the MAX BMW Sales or Service categories....
    Update: FedEx just delivered the order. MAX overnighted it.. wasn't expecting that. Nice job MAX! Faith is restored.... (grin).

I ordered on the March 30 and havenít heard anything since the original confirmation email. They did take my money though.

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by tinmedic View Post
    I ordered on the March 30 and havenít heard anything since the original confirmation email. They did take my money though.
    As suggested, have you called them?

Going to try and reach them tomorrow.

Talked to MAX BMW today, great guys. My order fell through the cracks, which happens, but it will go out on Monday except for 7 items that are coming from Germany.