• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MAX BMW Customer Service

Placed an order on-line Saturday morning... received email acknowledging the order. Contained in the email was this statement:

"Within 24-72 hours you will receive an e-mail confirmation from our Internet Sales Department. Included will be an image of your order."

On Wednesday I responded via email asking for a status.... no response.

As of yesterday (Thursday) I had heard or received nothing so I started calling. First two attempts to order status (ext. 1219) went to voice mail. Message was left but not returned. Third attempt I went through the menu to parts and the call was answered.... I was put on hold while they attempted to find the right guy. He was not found but I was able to get a status, the items were there but had not shipped. Was assured they would begin the process (how long would they have sat had I not called?).

Need to take into account that an order placed on Saturday won't be looked at until Tuesday at the earliest. The problem I have with any on-line ordering system is when an established process is not not followed or feedback is not given. Experience tells me that nothing is happening due to a slip-up and usually I have a bike on the lift or a schedule to be kept and being in limbo is not acceptable.

Since this thread relates to Customer Service I'll refrain from going into the MAX BMW Sales or Service categories....

My R80ST is at Max in Troy, NY for some repairs.

These guys are SLAMMED with work right now.

Not trying to make excuses...but be patient, and if you really have a question or concern, pick up the phone and call.

SPP

I use to deal with Max for parts for years, no problem. Then about ten years ago they change something I couldn't get no where with them I had give up.

I've done business with them and never had a problem. Some items took a while to get, but that was to be expected because they were had-to-find parts not in US inventory.

Has anyone done any business with MAX BMW? I put an order in last week but haven’t heard anything and they haven’t responded to any emails.
Yes.

The last order (Jan 13, 2021) I placed with MAX BMW I got a confirmation email with the FedEx tracking number. Order arrived in a few days. Did you get a confirmation email and were you charged for the order?

My experience with MAX has always been great. The few times the part was not in stock MAX let me know about it and kept me updated.

Placed an order on-line Saturday morning... received email acknowledging the order. Contained in the email was this statement:

"Within 24-72 hours you will receive an e-mail confirmation from our Internet Sales Department. Included will be an image of your order."

On Wednesday I responded via email asking for a status.... no response.

As of yesterday (Thursday) I had heard or received nothing so I started calling. First two attempts to order status (ext. 1219) went to voice mail. Message was left but not returned. Third attempt I went through the menu to parts and the call was answered.... I was put on hold while they attempted to find the right guy. He was not found but I was able to get a status, the items were there but had not shipped. Was assured they would begin the process (how long would they have sat had I not called?).

Need to take into account that an order placed on Saturday won't be looked at until Tuesday at the earliest. The problem I have with any on-line ordering system is when an established process is not not followed or feedback is not given. Experience tells me that nothing is happening due to a slip-up and usually I have a bike on the lift or a schedule to be kept and being in limbo is not acceptable.

Since this thread relates to Customer Service I'll refrain from going into the MAX BMW Sales or Service categories....

Update: FedEx just delivered the order. MAX overnighted it.. wasn't expecting that. Nice job MAX! Faith is restored.... (grin).

I ordered on the March 30 and haven’t heard anything since the original confirmation email. They did take my money though. [emoji1787]

Talked to MAX BMW today, great guys. My order fell through the cracks, which happens, but it will go out on Monday except for 7 items that are coming from Germany.

I have a feeling, we will see more of this sort of thing as existing/remaining dealerships struggle to meet personnel manning needs due to the pandemic and pandemic related austerity measures. Hopefully, some semblance of normality will return soon.

Until then, I’ll try to be patient and understanding.

I’m glad Max was able to take care of you.

Back