Thread: Touring Sport Greenville SC Contact?

Touring Sport Greenville SC Contact?

I have been trying to contact Touring Sport to set up an appointment since last week, but using their phone number from their website and the Anonymous Book (864-232-2269) I get a "This number is currently inactive" message. Are they still in business? Did they forget to pay their phone bill? Have they changed their number and not updated their website?
    I do not see a dedicated email address on their website, just a "fill in the blanks and we'll contact you" form. I hope that they are still with us, if not I will have to head to North Carolina for service.
    If anyone knows the secret contact protocol, please let me know. Thanks!

Dave

I just called the number and was put through to their menu "Press 1 for..., Press 2 for...,...". Seems like the number worked for me.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    I just called the number and was put through to their menu "Press 1 for..., Press 2 for...,...". Seems like the number worked for me.
    It also worked for me.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

THIS IS WEIRD!!

I just tried again and got the same "This number is inactive" message. I am hand dialing the number and checking it on the screen to make sure it is right, but not getting through.

I will try it from another phone, maybe that will work. Thanks.

Dave

Well, the number works with my cell phone (which I don't usually carry) but on my landline the same number gets the "number inactive" message. I have never seen this happen before. Odd...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSlash5 View Post
    Well, the number works with my cell phone (which I don't usually carry) but on my landline the same number gets the "number inactive" message. I have never seen this happen before. Odd...
    Dave, Have you used these guys before? Much closer to me than Asheville or Charlotte. Been in there twice without being acknowledged. Also called once to order a rear tire. Left two messages and finally got a call back a week later. Would like to bring my 2009 GSA there for the fuel pump recall. Any feed back on the service dept.?
    Bill Rorke #200394
    Chesnee, SC
    2019 R1250 RT
    2009 R1200 GSA

Quote Originally Posted by brorke View Post
    Dave, Have you used these guys before? Much closer to me than Asheville or Charlotte. Been in there twice without being acknowledged. Also called once to order a rear tire. Left two messages and finally got a call back a week later. Would like to bring my 2009 GSA there for the fuel pump recall. Any feed back on the service dept.?
    I have been in to pick up a few items in the past. I have mostly had older BMWs and did my own maintenance but acquired a 2018 R1200GS last year. Since it is still under warranty and the PO purchased it at Touring Sport I am taking it in for it's 18K checkup. I have a couple of friends who have their bikes serviced there and have good things to say for them. I have had to approach the sales folk to ask questions, but they have always been helpful and willing to talk. They definitely are not pushy though.

I rang the service department today (with my cell phone) and left a message. Matt got back to me in less than 30 minutes and discussed what I needed, pulled up the service record for the bike and made the appointment for service. I may have to call back and place a set of tires on order; the rally at Great Falls is only 2 1/2 months away and I will need to replace them before the trip.

I have had to approach the sales folk to ask questions, but they have always been helpful and willing to talk. They definitely are not pushy though.
    To me, this is as it should be. I love it when they say, "If you have any questions I am right over there." I hate it when they hover.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    To me, this is as it should be. I love it when they say, "If you have any questions I am right over there." I hate it when they hover.
    Agreed!

I have been in to pick up a few items in the past. I have mostly had older BMWs and did my own maintenance but acquired a 2018 R1200GS last year. Since it is still under warranty and the PO purchased it at Touring Sport I am taking it in for it's 18K checkup. I have a couple of friends who have their bikes serviced there and have good things to say for them. I have had to approach the sales folk to ask questions, but they have always been helpful and willing to talk. They definitely are not pushy though.

I rang the service department today (with my cell phone) and left a message. Matt got back to me in less than 30 minutes and discussed what I needed, pulled up the service record for the bike and made the appointment for service. I may have to call back and place a set of tires on order; the rally at Great Falls is only 2 1/2 months away and I will need to replace them before the trip.
    Sounds good...Thanks. Yeah, its been a while since I stopped in and from what I have heard its all new people in there. I'll give the service dept. a call re: my fuel pump recall and see how it goes. I usually do my own maintenance as well but had Asheville do the 12K on my 2019 RT (first big service while under warranty).

Im right in Chesnee! We should ride sometime. We have a small group that meets up at the Spinx on Rt.11 & 14 on most weekends.
    Bill Rorke #200394
    Chesnee, SC
    2019 R1250 RT
    2009 R1200 GSA

Hi brorke,

PM'ed ya.

Dave