Thread: Basecamp

Basecamp

I just programmed my ride from NC to great Falls using basecamp. I have fought with this program for years I usually have struggled through. I have used various tutorials to help. t has been a while since I have planned a trip. This time as a refresher I watched you tubes be EZ Moto Tim. I easily completed the programming with lodging lunches and split daily routes. The hardest being finding the exact lodging. I highly recommend these tutorials. Made it so simple.
    Buck in Greensboro, NC
    2013 R 1200 RT Midnight Blue - traded, 2014 R 1200 RT Ebony Metallic, 2016 S 1000 XR

Its a powerful program.
    The more you use it the more you'll appreciate it.

Joe
    “Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You cannot withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'

Quote Originally Posted by bdfbeemer View Post
    I just programmed my ride from NC to great Falls using basecamp. I have fought with this program for years I usually have struggled through. I have used various tutorials to help. t has been a while since I have planned a trip. This time as a refresher I watched you tubes be EZ Moto Tim. I easily completed the programming with lodging lunches and split daily routes. The hardest being finding the exact lodging. I highly recommend these tutorials. Made it so simple.
    You haven't arrived yet!
    gsjay
    Jason Kaplitz
    Johnstown, Pa
    Laurel Highlands BMW Riders #294

I have been using that program for a long time and I always arrive. This was the easiest routing so far. I also rarely stay on script. I take a different route while traveling a lot. However having the lodging programmed in is a big help. No matter which way I go I know the end point. That part hasn't failed me yet. I still take paper maps plus an atlas.
    Buck in Greensboro, NC
    2013 R 1200 RT Midnight Blue - traded, 2014 R 1200 RT Ebony Metallic, 2016 S 1000 XR

Quote Originally Posted by bdfbeemer View Post
    I haven’t seen any tutorials but if I’m looking for, as you say “exact lodging”, my Basecamp planning is aided with an open Google Map. It’s easier to find things using Google, Google Maps and their Satellite views.

Once I’ve located where I want to go with Google (and any other nearby POI that looks interesting), I’ll cut and paste the POI’s lat- and long- information from the browsers URL into the search field in Basecamp. Zoom into the POI in Basecamp and mark the POI accordingly.

Point being, whenever you search for a location in Google, the latitude and longitude always appears in the browsers URL, and can cut and pasted into Basecamp.

I do the same plus I use the website of the particular chain in question. Everyone has "their way". I was just offering some help to the basecamp challenged. There has been a lot of griping on here.
    Buck in Greensboro, NC