• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Scammer Update

Scammer Update: The Check Has Arrived

So the shipping name and address are from an out-of-business car dealership in Brownsville, TX. The check shipped via FedEx from Seattle, WA., and is from a bank in Norfolk, NE. Nothing too fishy with all of this.

Scammer Check.jpg

I can add a new name to the list of names being used.

Strongly suspect that Christian Amenero is also a name being used in addition to the others listed below. I've now heard from him and Taylor Greg.

I've had a few scam responses. All have one thing in common. They say "my PayPal is unfortunately locked up", or something like that...

I've got some nice things for sale. Unfortunately, the scammers put off the real members... I pulled them...

scam

So the shipping name and address are from an out-of-business car dealership in Brownsville, TX. The check shipped via FedEx from Seattle, WA., and is from a bank in Norfolk, NE. Nothing too fishy with all of this.

View attachment 83097

Surely I can't be the only one to notice that the first parts of the 2 required signatures are almost identical and that there is no signature line under the second one. Looks pretty amateurish to me.

Back