• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Red rear turn signal lens

Anyone know where I can get a red lens for my rear turn signals. Thinking of buying a couple extra turn signals, mount on a new rod under the license and make a triangle layout brake light.
Thanks

There are all kinds of red LED brake lights that are ready to wire into the brake light wiring.

I will probably go that route. I was trying to use the rear turn signals and find red lenses and make a mount that would look a like the turn signals just underneath.
I did this 38 years ago to a 1983 R80RT, sold in 1998, just bought a replacement 1983 R80RT, and wanted to make the same.

When I got my Airhead it bothered me that the brake light only had one bulb and no light failure mechanism. I replaced it with a LED (from Motorad Electric, I think) and also bought an LED strip that mounts on the license plate. I hate finding out that my brake light has failed by hearing squealing brakes.

I will probably go that route. I was trying to use the rear turn signals and find red lenses and make a mount that would look a like the turn signals just underneath.
I did this 38 years ago to a 1983 R80RT, sold in 1998, just bought a replacement 1983 R80RT, and wanted to make the same.

http://www.run-n-lites.com/prod-LiteBuddys.html

These guys make lite buddy’s. They have red led lights that fit inside the existing rear turn signal pods. They are usually wired to the tail light so that you have three red tail lights, but you could wire them up to the brake wire instead and you would have three red brake lights. The red led lights shine red even when they are mounted in the amber pod.

These guys make lite buddy’s. They have red led lights that fit inside the existing rear turn signal pods. They are usually wired to the tail light so that you have three red tail lights, but you could wire them up to the brake wire instead and you would have three red brake lights. The red led lights shine red even when they are mounted in the amber pod.

Thanks very much.. looks like what I need both front and rear.
Jim

Are they still in business? How do I place an order.
The phone numbers did'nt work?
Jim

Are they still in business? How do I place an order.
The phone numbers did'nt work?
Jim

EPM Performance Imports? I didn’t try calling, but Google search seems to indicate that they are still in business. I was in contact with them a couple of years ago, when a deer smashed a front turn signal and I had to replace the running light.

(732) 786-9777

Back