• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2021 F750GS Engine Guards

henksijgers

When I test rode an F750GS it was light, lithe, and responsive, with the (standard) seat height being no problem.

Once I signed the paperwork and took personal responsibility I shook off my bike-acquisition-fog and noted that the bike carries its weight high, and that my 29" inseam is insufficient for multiple scenarios, starting with backing the bike down our driveway. This isn't the first bike where those conditions hold, but I'm not as young as I was.

Fine, I thought: I'll work on my bike-moving technique, get a low seat, and install some engine guards (just in case). I started looking at the available options, and noticed that several options indicate fitment for 2018-2020 only. A little more investigation, and I see that for Euro5 BMW introduced a second O2 sensor, and has a small wire guide bracket that uses the lower-rear mount point used by many engine guards.

GIVI lists a separate engine guard for the 2021 model (5129OX), but it doesn't seem to be in stock at any of the US retailers. The SW-Motech crash bar doesn't use the mount point in question, so I ordered one, but I had hoped I'd be able to add some folding pegs to the guards to mitigate the other issue I encounter with the bike: I need to stretch my aging knees every now and then.

Has anyone else run into issues mounting engine guards/crash bars on the 2021 F750SG/F850GS? How are you solving them? Would it be sufficient to replace the guide bracket with a zip-tie or wire?

F750GS rear O2 sensor-2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0978.jpg
    IMG_0978.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 219
In the same boat

I order some outbackmotortek guard and discover that BMW changed the exhaust for the 21 models. Been looking at touratech, but don’t feel like spending $800. So, when ordering protection, you have to ask the vender if it will fit the new/ Redesign of the 750 and 850 GS.

I order some outbackmotortek guard and discover that BMW changed the exhaust for the 21 models. Been looking at touratech, but don’t feel like spending $800. So, when ordering protection, you have to ask the vender if it will fit the new/ Redesign of the 750 and 850 GS.

Good tip!
Welcome to the forum!
Gary

It’s a bummer because I made a lot of Farkle videos for the 2019 F750GS and then anything like skid plate/crash bars/exhaust/ resonators, etc is all different for 2021. I’ve maybe had 20+ emails from people who ordered parts from my videos and then realized they didn’t fit. I need to start adding descriptions about Euro 5 and its impact on the F750GS’s exhaust redesign.

Update

It’s a bummer because I made a lot of Farkle videos for the 2019 F750GS and then anything like skid plate/crash bars/exhaust/ resonators, etc is all different for 2021. I’ve maybe had 20+ emails from people who ordered parts from my videos and then realized they didn’t fit. I need to start adding descriptions about Euro 5 and its impact on the F750GS’s exhaust redesign.

I Just Order Touratech Guards, Touratech stated they will fit for the 2021 F750GS. I'll update and post photos when I get them. :bar

Givi TN5129 / TN5129OX Engine Guards BMW F750GS 2022

Hello, I ordered and installed the Givi TN 5129 for my 2022 F750GS Low and it fits and works.
I installed the engine guard and then over that installed the wiring bracket.
Fits and no problems.
Ordered the engine guard from Revzilla at $345.

Attachments

• 2022 Givi Engine guard.jpg
    2022 Givi Engine guard.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 50
Back