• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tire coverage denied

sjacobs

Hi all, I just had my tire claim denied as they said the tread on my existing tire was too low. I had a 3 inch nail/spike in my rear tire. I admit my tires were getting worn, but not sure why they denied the claim completely-they are not paying for replacement tire, changing of the tires, balancing-nothing at all, just completely denied. I have had this coverage for 6 years and this is my first claim. Kind of feels like when you pay year after year to your insurance company and the first time it you have a claim, it is denied. Has anyone else experienced this?? Not sure if this is somethig MOA should be aware of?? thx

What was the remaining tread depth?

Was it down near the wear bars?

What does the tire contract say as far as remaining tread depth?

:dance:dance:dance

I'll have to check the contract, but not sure I have ever seen it, I have the coverage via my MOA membership...

Hi all, I just had my tire claim denied as they said the tread on my existing tire was too low. I had a 3 inch nail/spike in my rear tire. I admit my tires were getting worn, but not sure why they denied the claim completely-they are not paying for replacement tire, changing of the tires, balancing-nothing at all, just completely denied. I have had this coverage for 6 years and this is my first claim. Kind of feels like when you pay year after year to your insurance company and the first time it you have a claim, it is denied. Has anyone else experienced this?? Not sure if this is somethig MOA should be aware of?? thx

Get your tread depth tool out...remaining tread less than 2/32" (1/16") anywhere along circumference of tread? If so, it would be declined. The fact that you've had the coverage for 6 years or that this is your first claim, does not matter. That is unless this carrier has some type of "Good Will" policy that they, at their sole discretion, wish to employ.

Yep, they are not going to give you a new tire to replace your worn out tire just because it has a hole in it. Personally, I think the tire protect plan is a waste of money. I have averaged 10,000 miles a year over the last 16 years and have had one flat tire, and that tire was about as bald as it could be. I could see a shadow of tire tread, not enough to measure! Plus I found it flat in my garage. I had a tire to put on, just was busy! It happened on a Sunday morning as friends were coming over for a ride. I shoved a plug in it and went on the ride.

My recent puncture.

2E7C9C4A-6F2C-404D-A69B-E41359FB3E35.jpegBCB80FDA-59B6-46A1-8B1D-2D9041AE29EE.jpeg81CF84F3-319F-4B0B-957B-3F902D49FE9D.jpegFB58759B-F0DA-40B8-AF0D-238EE539AC92.jpeg

Last month my new Dunlop Road Smart III’s picked up a staple on the way home. It took several calls to NSD emails with pictures (posted here) with 7mm of tread still on them. I did get my claim check eventually, but I had to work for it.

I’m looking at options on how to “improve” this process. For now, I say stick with those legit claims and hold NSD accountable for their payouts. Also, never hesitate to call the office and talk to our staff, to help you out. They are always our advocates in these matters.

Hi, if NSD is so difficult to work with, why not go with another provider, I am sure an organization such as MOA would be welcomed by other road and tire hazard providers? One should not have to "work on it"-obtaining claim coverage. I will say everyone at MOA has been so receptive and helpful to me re: this issue. This is the kind of service we should be demanding from our NSD, if they can't provide it, they don't deserve MOA's (our) business.

Hi, if NSD is so difficult to work with, why not go with another provider, I am sure an organization such as MOA would be welcomed by other road and tire hazard providers? One should not have to "work on it"-obtaining claim coverage. I will say everyone at MOA has been so receptive and helpful to me re: this issue. This is the kind of service we should be demanding from our NSD, if they can't provide it, they don't deserve MOA's (our) business.

I couldn’t agree with you more regarding what our MOA members deserve. As I mentioned earlier, I’m exploring options.

I have had the tire coverage 3 years now and have used it more than I would like... without issue. Read the fine print and follow the rules.

Back