• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

switched power source

miles2ride

wiring a fz-1 fuse block ; connected positive and negative for constant power supply , ( key on or off ) looking for recommendation for a safe and easy switched source . the bike is a '07 k1200gt .Thanks for any help .

Where on the bike are you mounting the fuse block? If you are mounting near the battery, there is a plug in front of the battery for a switched source (GPS). If you are mounting under the seat, the green/white wire from this module is switched.

IMG_0853.jpg

2018 RT Front End Switched Power Source?

Just got my first BMW back in December. Already adding farkles.

I need a switched power source at the front of bike for Skene dimmer relay for aux lights. Is it easier to tap into the halos in the headlight harness or parking lights or something else? What wires should I look for and where?

Still waiting on my dvd manual to arrive but already chin-deep in installation!

Thanks!

Ted

Everything can be found here. Delivery from Japan is a little slow because of COVID, but their products are very good. No language barriers, I’ve used EB for years.
http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/main.html

Thanks, I'm familiar with EB, having sourced products from them for my V-strom. However, what I am in need of is a wire that I can tap as a switched power source for the Skene dimming relay. I have the lights wired for power from a fused distribution block, on a fused line to battery, but I'm having trouble identifying a hot wire that is only powered when the bike is turned on so that the Skene relay will then turn on the lights.

Hope that helps clarify what I'm asking.

Success! In the wire bundle going to the headlight housing there is a Red wire with a blue stripe. That wire is hot when the motorcycle is switched on. That's a good place to tap for Skene dimming relays for aux lights on the RTW. Thanks for the help!

Back