• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2021 R1250RT at Dealer

Without the TPMS will there be any warning signs that a tire is going down?

No. Not other than the tactile feedback from a low and deflating tire. My advice is to get on the Internet and find the aftermarket system you like best; buy one; and install it.

I don't know where the radio antenna is, but there is a 2021 alpine white RT in my garage, and I'm loving it. The TIF is bright and clear, nav system connects perfectly with my phone, looking forward to lots of miles and Great Falls at the end. I'm for one glad there is no radio, and no TPMS. Not missing them in the least.

No, there will be no early warning, just like the bikes I rode for 30 years prior to the technology being applied. Conversely there will be no $300 plus dollar charge for replacement when the batteries die.

The "Motrrad Connected" app is working flawlessly. I've downloaded maps of the CONUS to my phone via the app, which I understand was prepared via collaboration with TomTom. You then utilize your cellphone just like a GPS. The app connects to the bike via Wi-Fi and will project either a full screen Navigation window or partial screen your choice. You can utilize the wonder wheel to skip way points, change destinations etc. The wonder wheel will also control telephone and music on the phone and connects very well to my Sena headset via Bluetooth. Still learning the bells and whistles. So far not missing the factory radio/xm setup at all. The system on the 2018RT that I had would never connect very well to the Sena nor sound all that good when it did so to learn it was only being offered as an extra on the 2021, I was delighted to not have to pay for it.

No, there will be no early warning, just like the bikes I rode for 30 years prior to the technology being applied. Conversely there will be no $300 plus dollar charge for replacement when the batteries die.

A quick internet search discloses at least a dozen TPMS systems for motorcycles that cost less than $100. There are differences so if interested look carefully. Some receiving units take batteries. Some use USB to charge the built-in battery. Many look a lot alike, as in maybe a single manufacturer. Most are probably Chinese.

I have one such system on my G310. With about 2 minutes of work I can put the sensors and receiver on a different bike. Voni has a 4 sensor system originally intended for a bike and trailer. We put two sensors on one bike and the other two on her other bike. The single receiver can easily move bike to bike.

I find accuracy within a pound or so compared to my best gauge. It is the alarm function I want anyway. In 2021 TPMS does not need to be a big problem. There are many solutions available. Read carefully and take your pick. It will probably cost less than $100 for your pick of a system.

The "Motrrad Connected" app is working flawlessly. I've downloaded maps of the CONUS to my phone via the app, which I understand was prepared via collaboration with TomTom. You then utilize your cellphone just like a GPS. The app connects to the bike via Wi-Fi and will project either a full screen Navigation window or partial screen your choice. You can utilize the wonder wheel to skip way points, change destinations etc. The wonder wheel will also control telephone and music on the phone and connects very well to my Sena headset via Bluetooth. Still learning the bells and whistles. So far not missing the factory radio/xm setup at all. The system on the 2018RT that I had would never connect very well to the Sena nor sound all that good when it did so to learn it was only being offered as an extra on the 2021, I was delighted to not have to pay for it.

Which Sena model do you have? I tried to pair mine with the 20S and am having issues.

A quick internet search discloses at least a dozen TPMS systems for motorcycles that cost less than $100. There are differences so if interested look carefully. Some receiving units take batteries. Some use USB to charge the built-in battery. Many look a lot alike, as in maybe a single manufacturer. Most are probably Chinese.

I have one such system on my G310. With about 2 minutes of work I can put the sensors and receiver on a different bike. Voni has a 4 sensor system originally intended for a bike and trailer. We put two sensors on one bike and the other two on her other bike. The single receiver can easily move bike to bike.

I find accuracy within a pound or so compared to my best gauge. It is the alarm function I want anyway. In 2021 TPMS does not need to be a big problem. There are many solutions available. Read carefully and take your pick. It will probably cost less than $100 for your pick of a system.

Good information. Thanks.

Unable to hear media. I have tried deleting and re pairing the phone and the Sena

Does it appear that the media is playing? I had to adjust the volume on my phone to get output level correct in the Sena. Hope you get it sorted out, I find Bluetooth exceedingly frustrating when it doesn't work.

I spoke too soon, seems that I'm now having trouble hearing navigation turn by turn instructions through Sena even though phone and media work perfectly. I've reinstalled the app, will give it a try, it worked for a time, so I'm certain there's just something wanky that I've done to the phone to mess things up.

No. GS riders love adventure and a GPS takes all the fun out of it.
Besides that big screen would be to big for a GS.

GS riders also go where there are no cell signals and need something a bit more offline and even specialized that contain roads most people would use (e.g. fire roads).

Back