• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Second 2nd Sat R2E in Alabama

HSVPhil

AlaBeemer_Prez
For the 2nd AlaBeemer Ride-2-Eat in April (soon), the North Alabama MOAL contingent will visit the Bankhead National Forest area, and Chef Troy’s “Talk of the Town” eatery in Houston, AL. The actual address for interested riders traveling from other directions is, 4815 CR-63, across the street from the US Post Office, Houston, AL [ N34° 08.492' W87° 15.483' ]. The menu has all your favorites, as well as daily specials on the whiteboard. Chef Troy seems to have an affinity for Cajun seasoning to include: PO’ Boys, Gulf seafood, and Jambalaya. At least four riders on Friday enjoyed the Meat & 3 Veg lunch plate for $7.99. My Gambino Melt was a 7oz elongated burger w/grilled onions & Swiss served on fried Gambino toast with seasoned “JoJo potatoes” for $6.99 {a yummy hamburger sub}! Also available are Omelets/etc, salads, catfish, 12” pizzas or a dozen wings, plus the Chef's desserts.

outside-chefs.jpg

A few of the Recon Team on 26 Mar nearest the photographer!
Inside-Chefs.jpeg

The HSV crewe will meet for breakfast at the Blue Plate Cafe at 3210 Governor’s Dr SW before 0800 (as per usual). We’ll depart ~0900 for the Murphy Gas station (behind the Verizon store at the Walmart) on Redstone Road at 11602 South Parkway arriving 0915. Non-Ethanol, High-test Gas may be available, I'm told. We’ll depart southward on US-231 around 0930 sticking mostly to backroads: Rt 36, Old US-31, CR-1101, CR-41, & Rt 278 to CR-63 for lunch. Everyone can return home via any chosen route; P&K plan to make a few random MOA CoddiWomple photo stops regarding the summer’s N. American scavenger hunt…

An RSVP before April 10th would be appreciated! :brad
Be Safe & Have Fun, after all, it's Spring now!
Ciao! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

president@bmwmoal.org

Great riding all around it, and good food. I stop there often. I'm doubting I can make the RTE due to moving from Tuscaloosa to Alabaster next month.

Sorry, we won't be able to make it this Saturday. Mark us off your list.

We'll be watching for future events. Thanks!

Projected weather on Saturday is 40/60 it seems. :dunno

Phil & Karen will ride our newer Beemers on Saturday; y'all are free to Ride, Drive, or stay home. We've often ridden in inclement weather, both domestically and internationally. We'll pull over if the lightning gets too close to our wee-parade of intrepid riders - that's what riders do (when necessary).

We're proceeding with our Ride-to-Eat plans for Houston, AL as of Friday @1030.
Ciao Y'all! :eat
Phil & Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
'16 R1200RS

Here's my planned Route from HSV.
View attachment AL-WP-Rides-2-Eat.GPX

Appreciate those AlaBeemers (and guests) who made the effort to attend the Second 2nd Saturday R-2-E!

The day started out a bit drizzly, but it improved Greatly throughout the day! Hope all who attended enjoyed their Lunch, and their Ride to get to Chef Troy's and their chosen routes home! Also hope our newlywed chums from Madison are still 'chummy' and on speaking terms after a bit of a Get-Off along the very slippery Bankhead Forest service road. A true test of each other's commitment...
:fight

We were blessed to have a dozen attendees!

Attendees.jpeg

Here's the gaggle enjoying some fresh air after lunch.

Outdoors.jpeg

MOAL BoD couple at a randomly discovered Coddiwomple stop (Marked Crash Site) along the hwy north from Addison, AL...

Crash-Site.jpeg

Catch y'all on the next 2nd Saturday Ride; I gotta pick another quaint destination....
CIAO!
Phil & Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - + '16 R1200RS

Back