• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

My reintroduction

djfalkenstein

ebullient!
Hello All. I am an MOA member for decades now (first joined in the '80s), though I have focused on the K-bike forums where I am a moderator. I return here periodically.

I am going to make myself present here more often because I am attracted to more civil discourse than I feel exposed to now.

I live in New Hampshire near the Lakes. I ride often and am now joining (hopefully) the ranks of the MSF RiderCoach program with the State. I currently ride a K1600 Grand America, heavily modified (of course) for long-haul rides. Cylon acts as a testbed for me and my un-ending technology projects.

20200516_181713.jpg

Welcome to the forum!
Your area is real nice riding. Hurricane Mountain Road is a favorite :thumb
Gary

Hello All. I return here periodically.
I am going to make myself present here more often because I am attracted to more civil discourse than I feel exposed to now.
I live in New Hampshire near the Lakes. Cylon acts as a testbed for me and my un-ending technology projects.
View attachment 82871

Welcome Back, DJ!
Cylon? is a gorgeous piece of work! You must be a dedicated IronButt’r with all that ‘Can U see me now’ LED technology... :bow We here on this forum are a few degrees lower than the boiling point of H2O; we appreciate friendly discourse on motorcycles & touring.

Guess I don’t need to tell U, Be safe & be seen! You obviously take Being Seen Very Seriously... Hope you’ll turn up in MT in 13 weeks. The western crew has its work cut out for themselves if they’re gonna meet or exceed the Lebanon rally. We’ll be on our 2021 Iron Butt National Parks Tour....
:usa :ca 👍
Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

‘14 K-GT — ‘09 F650GS-twin
‘75 R90S — ‘82 R100CS

Thanks all. I should say my friends call me Lighthouse.
These lights are intelligent insofar as they are off unless I am alone and are WW controlled. I don't bind anyone ;)

Cylon is my sixth BMW and my first K bike.

Welcome "back" or being more present. :) Nice looking bike and clearly one you like to ride across time zones.

dj -

It appears your older username is still in the system as a member from 2006 to 2013. I don't think you posted anything during that time, though. I'll send you a Private Message.

dj -

It appears your older username is still in the system as a member from 2006 to 2013. I don't think you posted anything during that time, though. I'll send you a Private Message.

True. Over the years I've been active on other sites. Primarily the BMWLT forum until about '18, and subsequently the K1600 forum. I have been remiss in my exposure to the community here.

I am known elsewhere by my willingness to quickly get in over my head with my projects, and to wrench down to bare metal. I create for myself a lot of opportunity to learn.

Back