Thread: Hello from CT!

Hello from CT!

Hello everyone. I'm a new MOA member living in CT. I've been riding, really, since 2008. My current ride is a '10 RT that I purchased from Max BMW this past fall. She has 40K on the odometer and is no garage queen, but either am I. I'm really looking to get involved in the community and make myself a better rider along the way. With my pending retirement in the summer I'm hoping to take advantage of as many riding opportunities as I can.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice ride! Plenty of good folks to meet here and I'm sure you will find someone to ride with close to you. Welcome from Newfoundland.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon 7frrnSRiTt9Fk

Welcome. The RT is a great motorcycle for exploring New England...and the rest of the country. Enjoy getting to know your new ride.
    1972 R75/5
    1993 R100R

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm a new MOA member living in CT. I've been riding, really, since 2008. My current ride is a '10 RT that I purchased from Max BMW this past fall. She has 40K on the odometer and is no garage queen, but either am I. I'm really looking to get involved in the community and make myself a better rider along the way. With my pending retirement in the summer I'm hoping to take advantage of as many riding opportunities as I can.
    Greetings Mr Trashman of CT!

There's much good to be said for Retirement - we're busier than those fully-employed pre-Covid days! Hope you'll enjoy your selected Tourer sufficiently! If ya want to learn how to handle that machine, do please look up Ken Condon (think he lives in western CT): >> https://www.ridinginthezone.com << We took a 3-day course, Fri-2-Sun. Had fun; improved our skills on road and on track...

Hope you can use some Terminal Leave to visit MT in June for the MOA Rally. Getting there is much of the fun of our North American rallies. We've signed up to CoddiWomple our way around the country. That's what we call Fun. We've done similar escapades in the past: did the Johnny Cash tour; "I've Been Everywhere" one summer; also did a "Twin Cities" tour matching 100 US cities to co-named overseas cities... I think we matched six domestic SPRINGFIELDS to 6 International Springfields.

Good Luck on mastering that Bavarian-built Touring machine you picked! See ya at an MOA Getaway or in Gr8 Falls.

Ciao!
    HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
    '75 R90S -- '82 R100CS

Welcome. Great looking bike!

Welcome from the Virginia Blue Ridge and congrats on your upcoming retirement. I'll be retired 2 years in June and, except for a year of COVID, have been loving it.

Thanks everyone. Phil - I'll definitely be checking out Ken Condon. Thanks for the suggestion.

c

Welcome detritus! Lovely bike. Thanks for the pictures.
    Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun...but Mama, that's where the fun is!

2009 R1200RT Sand Beige Metallic (aka Champipple), 2007 Honda VFR RWB