• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from CT!

detritus

Hello everyone. I'm a new MOA member living in CT. I've been riding, really, since 2008. My current ride is a '10 RT that I purchased from Max BMW this past fall. She has 40K on the odometer and is no garage queen, but either am I. I'm really looking to get involved in the community and make myself a better rider along the way. With my pending retirement in the summer I'm hoping to take advantage of as many riding opportunities as I can.

Attachments

• RTFront.jpg
    RTFront.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 48
  • RTSide.jpg
    RTSide.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 49
Nice ride! Plenty of good folks to meet here and I'm sure you will find someone to ride with close to you. Welcome from Newfoundland.

Welcome. The RT is a great motorcycle for exploring New England...and the rest of the country. Enjoy getting to know your new ride.

Hello everyone. I'm a new MOA member living in CT. I've been riding, really, since 2008. My current ride is a '10 RT that I purchased from Max BMW this past fall. She has 40K on the odometer and is no garage queen, but either am I. I'm really looking to get involved in the community and make myself a better rider along the way. With my pending retirement in the summer I'm hoping to take advantage of as many riding opportunities as I can.

Greetings Mr Trashman of CT!

There's much good to be said for Retirement - we're busier than those fully-employed pre-Covid days! Hope you'll enjoy your selected Tourer sufficiently! If ya want to learn how to handle that machine, do please look up Ken Condon (think he lives in western CT): >> https://www.ridinginthezone.com << We took a 3-day course, Fri-2-Sun. Had fun; improved our skills on road and on track...

Hope you can use some Terminal Leave to visit MT in June for the MOA Rally. Getting there is much of the fun of our North American rallies. We've signed up to CoddiWomple our way around the country. That's what we call Fun. We've done similar escapades in the past: did the Johnny Cash tour; "I've Been Everywhere" one summer; also did a "Twin Cities" tour matching 100 US cities to co-named overseas cities... I think we matched six domestic SPRINGFIELDS to 6 International Springfields. ;)

Good Luck on mastering that Bavarian-built Touring machine you picked! See ya at an MOA Getaway or in Gr8 Falls. :drink

Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS

Welcome from the Virginia Blue Ridge and congrats on your upcoming retirement. I'll be retired 2 years in June and, except for a year of COVID, have been loving it.

Back