Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Bmw nav vi 2021

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Central OHIO
    Posts
    26

    Bmw nav vi 2021

    I just got my second replacement unit due to the "ghosting" effect of cold temps, moisture, sunspots, COVID, etc.

    It powers up and says "MAKE LIFE A RIDE" and copyright 2021. It's also missing most of the colors from the pages and icons and appears to be mostly black and white. The box part number listed is 77528504063 and 010-01054-58. It appears to be software version 10.00 and BMW Motorrad 15.00.

    Is this a new screen setup or have I missed setting something?
    Last edited by PhilStearns; 03-22-2021 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Spelling

  2. #2
    Registered User patm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    497
    Curious, this sounds more like a zumo XT than a Nav VI. Maybe the rumored Nav VII?

    Can you post pics?

    Thanks
    Pat

    Ride Safe!
    '16 RT

  3. #3
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    8,547
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilStearns View Post
    I just got my second replacement unit due to the "ghosting" effect of cold temps, moisture, sunspots, COVID, etc.

    It powers up and says "MAKE LIFE A RIDE" and copyright 2021. It's also missing most of the colors from the pages and icons and appears to be mostly black and white. The box part number listed is 77528504063 and 010-01054-58. It appears to be software version 10.00 and BMW Motorrad 15.00.

    Is this a new screen setup or have I missed setting something?
    Give Garmin a call and ask.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  4. #4
    SURVIVOR akbeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    8,653
    Perhaps it means Garmin is actually fixing the problem and not continuing to issue faulty replacements as a stop gap.
    Kevin Huddy
    Silver City, Montana
    MOA# 24,790 Ambassador

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Central OHIO
    Posts
    26
    Spoke to Garmin Support today. They were advised over the weekend that the new -058 part number with the completely redesigned software is in fact the new replacement - as of last week. That said, they said it will take several weeks for Garmin Express to get the new serial numbers loaded in - so stand by. I plopped it on the K1600 and it seemed to fire up and show the data it's supposed to show. I'll take it out for a proper (sounds UK'ish) ride this weekend to see how it all looks.

    Having trouble posting pics...........standby.

    Any advice on how to load pics? The obvious (to me) of clicking the "insert image" icon then choosing the photo from the "choose file" text block, didn't work.

  6. #6
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    8,547
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilStearns View Post
    They were advised over the weekend that the new -058 part number with the completely redesigned software is in fact the new replacement -

    Any advice on how to load pics? The obvious (to me) of clicking the "insert image" icon then choosing the photo from the "choose file" text block, didn't work.
    058 does not match your part number???

    The Insert Image is the easiest method for me. You might have to reduce your file size before uploading the picture.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Central OHIO
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    058 does not match your part number???

    The Insert Image is the easiest method for me. You might have to reduce your file size before uploading the picture.
    -058 is my part number. The old unit was -046.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Central OHIO
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilStearns View Post
    -058 is my part number. The old unit was -046.
    Name:  422F13C8-CEC4-4F8B-BC1C-A4FBA19076AA.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  224.7 KB

    Name:  6BFBEC15-BB7B-4DAE-AC22-F015CA2F9B7D.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  326.4 KB

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5
    It looks really sharp! Was there a change in the performance?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    8,547
    Hows the color in Map View?
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  11. #11
    I just talked to Garmin about sending in another defective NAV VI. I asked about the new part # and she had no idea what I was talking about. The units they are sending out are the 46 part #. They are out of stock so I have to wait until they get some more in stock. I have a unit for each bike and this will be the seventh unit. Not happy but What can you do. All she said was sorry.
    Buck in Greensboro, NC
    2013 R 1200 RT Midnight Blue - traded, 2014 R 1200 RT Ebony Metallic, 2016 S 1000 XR

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Seal Beach, CA
    Posts
    505
    I made "the call" to Garmin on March 15, shipped my 3 mo. old Nav 6 to them that day which they received March 19, and I received the warranty replacement Nav 6 yesterday.

    I was hoping to get the "58" version mentioned above but instead received the 010-01054-43 model. What I sent to them was the 46. The 43 they sent to me was packaged as a new unit, not a replacement unit. The box was wrapped in the cellophane with all the original accessories. (CNNA 2022.10 was preloaded - which is the very latest I believe).

    Upon powering it up and updating Express, the screen and icons appear unchanged from earlier Nav 6s. So I'm guessing this is simply a part of their existing unsold inventory, and the likelihood of its eventual failure is no different from the unit I sent in to them. Hope I'm wrong.

    And furthermore, the unit I sent to them was itself a replacement for my first Nav 6 that lasted about 12 mo. So, while Garmin is very accommodating with their warranty replacement scheme I'm not too optimistic that this 43 version is really the answer.
    '20 R1250RT,
    Priors: '17 R1200GS, '16 R1200R, '14 R1200GS, '13 K1600GT, '08 R1200RT, '04 R1150RT, '05 R1200GS, '73 R75/5 (LWB).

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorlite View Post
    I made "the call" to Garmin on March 15, shipped my 3 mo. old Nav 6 to them that day which they received March 19, and I received the warranty replacement Nav 6 yesterday.

    I was hoping to get the "58" version mentioned above but instead received the 010-01054-43 model. What I sent to them was the 46. The 43 they sent to me was packaged as a new unit, not a replacement unit. The box was wrapped in the cellophane with all the original accessories. (CNNA 2022.10 was preloaded - which is the very latest I believe).

    Upon powering it up and updating Express, the screen and icons appear unchanged from earlier Nav 6s. So I'm guessing this is simply a part of their existing unsold inventory, and the likelihood of its eventual failure is no different from the unit I sent in to them. Hope I'm wrong.

    And furthermore, the unit I sent to them was itself a replacement for my first Nav 6 that lasted about 12 mo. So, while Garmin is very accommodating with their warranty replacement scheme I'm not too optimistic that this 43 version is really the answer.
    I told the rep I was concerned about just getting another problem unit. She kept saying it will be new unit and I said I was told that before.
    Buck in Greensboro, NC
    2013 R 1200 RT Midnight Blue - traded, 2014 R 1200 RT Ebony Metallic, 2016 S 1000 XR

  14. #14
    Registered User patm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    497
    What bugs me about that whole ghosting issue is why did it suddenly start coming out after 3 years?
    Am I wrong or there were no issues in the first years? If so what changed?
    Pat

    Ride Safe!
    '16 RT

  15. #15
    I called Garmin on 22 March and sent mine back the same day. The rep said that they were out of stock but would be available Friday, 26 March. I received an email from Garmin noting that they received mine and would send me another one when the replacement ships. I have not heard anything since then.
    2020 BMW R1250 GSA
    2016 Harley Davidson Lowrider S

Similar Threads

  1. America’s Cup 2021
    By henzilla in forum The Great Outdoors
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 03-16-2021, 01:43 AM
  2. 2021 r nine t urban g/s
    By motor4 in forum Hexheads/Camheads
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-15-2021, 04:12 AM
  3. 2021 New Sweden 450
    By ron_ces in forum Regional Northeast
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2021, 01:44 PM
  4. Changes for 2021 Models
    By Lee in forum Motorrad
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-31-2020, 12:39 PM
  5. 2021 r 18
    By bmwdean in forum Wetheads
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-12-2020, 12:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •