Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 42 of 42

Thread: Bmw nav vi 2021

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Where does a person look to find the model number?
    I looked at my Nav V unit and box and only see a Serial number and a Unit ID.

    If a person buys a used Vav VI it would be nice to know where to find the -58 number.
    Lee, I got that from my replacement detail email. I’m not sure where others found it. It’s not shown on the screen shots.

  2. #32
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    9,264
    Quote Originally Posted by mfisher911 View Post
    Lee, I got that from my replacement detail email. I’m not sure where others found it. It’s not shown on the screen shots.
    Do any of the numbers under the battery match the number from your email?
    Lee
    2022 R1250RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2016 R1200RS, 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  3. #33
    Registered User motor10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Spotsylvania VA
    Posts
    85
    So, I kept using my unit original unit I purchased back in 2018 up until 2 days ago. I got on the bike and was using the unit when it force up and a screen and the image on the screen just jiggled around non stop. I went to help on the Garmin website and did a soft reset with no results. I then followed the directions on the webpage and removed the battery and put it back in. I turned it back on and it showed the BMW Motorrad screen then switched to a grey screen a dot and instructions to touch the curser. I touched the cursor and it went back to the Motorrad screen then back to the touch the cursor screen. This repeated several times until it locked up on the touch the cursor screen and I couldn’t do anything at all but power it off. I called Garmin and they said they are sending me a replacement unit. It should arrive today. Wish me luck.
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” - Hunter S. Thompson

  4. #34
    Registered User motor10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Spotsylvania VA
    Posts
    85
    So Garmin sent me a refurbished Nav VI. Additionally, there was no "my motorcycle' icon. I called them and told me to call the tomorrow and have the unit mounted on the bike and they will walk me through on how to put that icon on my screen and that it was part of the software so it SHOULD be in there somewhere. doesn't inspire confidence. we will see how it goes.
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” - Hunter S. Thompson

  5. #35
    Registered User BMW_Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kingsport, TN
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by motor10 View Post
    So Garmin sent me a refurbished Nav VI. Additionally, there was no "my motorcycle' icon. I called them and told me to call the tomorrow and have the unit mounted on the bike and they will walk me through on how to put that icon on my screen and that it was part of the software so it SHOULD be in there somewhere. doesn't inspire confidence. we will see how it goes.
    Have you mounted it on your bike? I think the "My Motorcycle" icon/page only shows up after it has been mounted and operated on a bike that supports that function like the newer GS and RTs.
    Ken Martin
    2011 R1200RT
    2020 R1250RT
    Kingsport, TN

  6. #36
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    9,264
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW_Ken View Post
    Have you mounted it on your bike? I think the "My Motorcycle" icon/page only shows up after it has been mounted and operated on a bike that supports that function like the newer GS and RTs.
    The icon will show when the Nav is not mounted.
    Without the Nav mounted you can view Last Ride and Status, but not Information.
    Lee
    2022 R1250RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2016 R1200RS, 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  7. #37
    Registered User BMW_Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kingsport, TN
    Posts
    138
    I believe it won't show up until it has been mounted on the motorcycle and turned on the first time. Then it will show up when off the bike. I have 2 Nav VI units. One has only been used on my Camhead and it does not have the "My Motorcycle" button visible. The other one has been used on my R1250RT and my camhead and it does have the "My Motorcycle" button visible.
    Ken Martin
    2011 R1200RT
    2020 R1250RT
    Kingsport, TN

  8. #38
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    9,264
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW_Ken View Post
    I believe it won't show up until it has been mounted on the motorcycle and turned on the first time. Then it will show up when off the bike. I have 2 Nav VI units. One has only been used on my Camhead and it does not have the "My Motorcycle" button visible. The other one has been used on my R1250RT and my camhead and it does have the "My Motorcycle" button visible.
    Lee
    2022 R1250RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2016 R1200RS, 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  9. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    26
    I find it odd that this new software on the -58 versions isn't being populated to all the units through Garmin Express.
    Has anyone had their old units updated to the software that's on the -58 or do you have to get a new unit for this?
    2016 R1200GS
    My Adventure Blog

  10. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Chevy Chase, MD
    Posts
    43

    What do the numbers say?

    In the preceding images of three units’ screens I see a couple of patterns:

    1. Those with Hardware Versions that begin with V8 also have a metadata field for ‘Mount ID’
    2. The ‘Unit ID’ (serial) for both V8 versions start with ‘336’
    3. The Software Version is the only difference between the first unit in the thread (a ‘58’ copy) which is ‘10.0’ and the other V8 unit which is ‘5.60’. Perhaps it’s just a firmware flash away?

    That said, I have a Nav V so it’s all academic to me… I wouldn’t mind getting that new minimalist UI, though!
    Michael
    2014 R1200RT LC

  11. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Moretti View Post

    That said, I have a Nav V so it’s all academic to me… I wouldn’t mind getting that new minimalist UI, though!
    Exactly. Oh well. My unit works so it sounds like I'd be a moron to start messing with it.
    2016 R1200GS
    My Adventure Blog

  12. #42
    Registered User motor10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Spotsylvania VA
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW_Ken View Post
    Have you mounted it on your bike? I think the "My Motorcycle" icon/page only shows up after it has been mounted and operated on a bike that supports that function like the newer GS and RTs.
    You are correct. Once I mounted it on the bike it showed up and is now always there. Not sure what that was all about but it has been working well.
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” - Hunter S. Thompson

Similar Threads

  1. America’s Cup 2021
    By henzilla in forum The Great Outdoors
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 03-16-2021, 02:43 AM
  2. 2021 r nine t urban g/s
    By motor4 in forum Hexheads/Camheads
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-15-2021, 05:12 AM
  3. 2021 New Sweden 450
    By ron_ces in forum Regional Northeast
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2021, 02:44 PM
  4. Changes for 2021 Models
    By Lee in forum Motorrad
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-31-2020, 01:39 PM
  5. 2021 r 18
    By bmwdean in forum Wetheads
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-12-2020, 01:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •