• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bmw nav vi 2021

PhilStearns

I just got my second replacement unit due to the "ghosting" effect of cold temps, moisture, sunspots, COVID, etc.

It powers up and says "MAKE LIFE A RIDE" and copyright 2021. It's also missing most of the colors from the pages and icons and appears to be mostly black and white. The box part number listed is 77528504063 and 010-01054-58. It appears to be software version 10.00 and BMW Motorrad 15.00.

Is this a new screen setup or have I missed setting something?

Last edited:
Curious, this sounds more like a zumo XT than a Nav VI. Maybe the rumored Nav VII?

Can you post pics?

Thanks

I just got my second replacement unit due to the "ghosting" effect of cold temps, moisture, sunspots, COVID, etc.

It powers up and says "MAKE LIFE A RIDE" and copyright 2021. It's also missing most of the colors from the pages and icons and appears to be mostly black and white. The box part number listed is 77528504063 and 010-01054-58. It appears to be software version 10.00 and BMW Motorrad 15.00.

Is this a new screen setup or have I missed setting something?

Give Garmin a call and ask.

Perhaps it means Garmin is actually fixing the problem and not continuing to issue faulty replacements as a stop gap.

Spoke to Garmin Support today. They were advised over the weekend that the new -058 part number with the completely redesigned software is in fact the new replacement - as of last week. That said, they said it will take several weeks for Garmin Express to get the new serial numbers loaded in - so stand by. I plopped it on the K1600 and it seemed to fire up and show the data it's supposed to show. I'll take it out for a proper (sounds UK'ish) ride this weekend to see how it all looks.

Having trouble posting pics...........standby.

Any advice on how to load pics? The obvious (to me) of clicking the "insert image" icon then choosing the photo from the "choose file" text block, didn't work.

They were advised over the weekend that the new -058 part number with the completely redesigned software is in fact the new replacement -

Any advice on how to load pics? The obvious (to me) of clicking the "insert image" icon then choosing the photo from the "choose file" text block, didn't work.

058 does not match your part number???

The Insert Image is the easiest method for me. You might have to reduce your file size before uploading the picture.

058 does not match your part number???

The Insert Image is the easiest method for me. You might have to reduce your file size before uploading the picture.

-058 is my part number. The old unit was -046.

Attachments

• 894AB58A-3054-4B82-8D64-7A58710948A2.jpg
    894AB58A-3054-4B82-8D64-7A58710948A2.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 5,709
  • 8DC9828D-826C-410F-8E69-E796B2F3DA9B.jpg
    8DC9828D-826C-410F-8E69-E796B2F3DA9B.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 3,604
I just talked to Garmin about sending in another defective NAV VI. I asked about the new part # and she had no idea what I was talking about. The units they are sending out are the 46 part #. They are out of stock so I have to wait until they get some more in stock. I have a unit for each bike and this will be the seventh unit. Not happy but What can you do. All she said was sorry.

I made "the call" to Garmin on March 15, shipped my 3 mo. old Nav 6 to them that day which they received March 19, and I received the warranty replacement Nav 6 yesterday.

I was hoping to get the "58" version mentioned above but instead received the 010-01054-43 model. What I sent to them was the 46. The 43 they sent to me was packaged as a new unit, not a replacement unit. The box was wrapped in the cellophane with all the original accessories. (CNNA 2022.10 was preloaded - which is the very latest I believe).

Upon powering it up and updating Express, the screen and icons appear unchanged from earlier Nav 6s. So I'm guessing this is simply a part of their existing unsold inventory, and the likelihood of its eventual failure is no different from the unit I sent in to them. Hope I'm wrong.

And furthermore, the unit I sent to them was itself a replacement for my first Nav 6 that lasted about 12 mo. So, while Garmin is very accommodating with their warranty replacement scheme I'm not too optimistic that this 43 version is really the answer.

I made "the call" to Garmin on March 15, shipped my 3 mo. old Nav 6 to them that day which they received March 19, and I received the warranty replacement Nav 6 yesterday.

I was hoping to get the "58" version mentioned above but instead received the 010-01054-43 model. What I sent to them was the 46. The 43 they sent to me was packaged as a new unit, not a replacement unit. The box was wrapped in the cellophane with all the original accessories. (CNNA 2022.10 was preloaded - which is the very latest I believe).

Upon powering it up and updating Express, the screen and icons appear unchanged from earlier Nav 6s. So I'm guessing this is simply a part of their existing unsold inventory, and the likelihood of its eventual failure is no different from the unit I sent in to them. Hope I'm wrong.

And furthermore, the unit I sent to them was itself a replacement for my first Nav 6 that lasted about 12 mo. So, while Garmin is very accommodating with their warranty replacement scheme I'm not too optimistic that this 43 version is really the answer.
I told the rep I was concerned about just getting another problem unit. She kept saying it will be new unit and I said I was told that before.

What bugs me about that whole ghosting issue is why did it suddenly start coming out after 3 years?
Am I wrong or there were no issues in the first years? If so what changed?

I called Garmin on 22 March and sent mine back the same day. The rep said that they were out of stock but would be available Friday, 26 March. I received an email from Garmin noting that they received mine and would send me another one when the replacement ships. I have not heard anything since then.

I called Garmin on 22 March and sent mine back the same day. The rep said that they were out of stock but would be available Friday, 26 March. I received an email from Garmin noting that they received mine and would send me another one when the replacement ships. I have not heard anything since then.

You could sign in to Garmin.com to get your "Order" status. Might be already on its way to you.

I have had my BMW NAV VI since June of 2018 with no issues. Then about 3 weeks ago i had the ghost screen show up but haven't seen it since. Should I be calling Garmin?

I just received a new Nav VI that I bought from Bob's BMW a few days ago. It is the 2021 version, p/n 77 52 8 504 069 (without cradle). It appears to be the same device that a few people have received as warranty replacements for the original version of the Nav VI. It has a different, sharper display, an updated user interface, and a few new features (a media app that allows streaming music from your phone, for example). I also have an older Nav VI that I received in 2018, as a warranty replacement for my original one. I bought this one to ensure I had one that worked well for the foreseeable future, and which fits the nav prep mount on my GSA. Seems like there'll never be a Nav VII, given the direction BMW's going with the TFT and navigation from the Connected App.

Back