Thread: A new rider bike.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I live in Sunny, windy sometimes cold Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

A new rider bike.

I have acquired thru a trade a 1967 R50/2 which I put on 2,500 miles last year, so I have 19,402 miles now. I would like to eventually try some longer distance rideing this year. I can't ride with Harley's as I can't hear the engine for smooth shifts, It's too quiet. I hope I see other's out on theirs as it is pretty lonely out there as all the other Beemer's are bigger and faster and newer than me. Is there anyone out there who rides their's or are they only pedistal pieces now?

Huh?

I guess your so busy having fun you probably havent seen all the thumbs up and admiration from fellow riders? I have two /2's and its nothing but $h!ts and giggles when I ride them! Two different worlds is what your finding out. You might be shocked to see how many /2's are in your area? This may be of help? Go to Yahoo groups and look at or join the "slash2" group. Not only a wealth of maintenance tips, where to find tips along with meeting some fellow passioned riders of /2's.
    Hope that helps!

00weel

I live in Sunny, windy sometimes cold Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by ooweel
    I guess your so busy having fun you probably havent seen all the thumbs up and admiration from fellow riders? I have two /2's and its nothing but $h!ts and giggles when I ride them! Two different worlds is what your finding out. You might be shocked to see how many /2's are in your area? This may be of help? Go to Yahoo groups and look at or join the "slash2" group. Not only a wealth of maintenance tips, where to find tips along with meeting some fellow passioned riders of /2's.
    Hope that helps!

00weel
    Thanks I will look them up. My e-mail grnwhi@mts.net. drop me a line.

I ride mine Maybe not as much as the other 2 but it's a lot of fun when I take it out.