• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2021 rt BMW's to be shipped with radios to be installed later

The 12pro fits barely but to keep it running you need to stick it in bottom first. Otherwise it will turn off before u get it in. Snug fit and poor charging. It does seem to charge or rather keep the charge while riding.
I am missing the ability to use Waze or similar and wonder if someone has a soluti9n for that.

Otherwise awesome bike, no radio and no speakers and no tpm on mine.

The supplied Bmw kit doesn't seem to charge so probably useless.

H

When you say the phone wont charge are you referring to induction charging? My phone does not have this feature so I use a cable and it seems to work fine.

I see you like Waze, I've never used it, what features does it have over the connected app GPS that you prefer?

I see you like Waze, I've never used it, what features does it have over the connected app GPS that you prefer?

Live drive-time estimates that are actually accurate. Real-time traffic updates. Re-routing based on current (live) traffic. Users able to update other users with hazards, road/visibility conditions, police, etc. Route planning based on your selection of what to avoid (freeways, dirt/gravel, a few others that I haven't looked at in a while.)

Traffic estimates in Waze are based on not only standard methods (DOT info), but on actual Waze users who are stopped in traffic. Waze uses anonymized data to see where cars are moving, and where they aren't.

I am getting a demo ride tomorrow - confirmed with my dealer that there is no radio but TPMS IS active. Bike just arrived last week, so maybe going forward it will not be an issue? I can live without the radio. Dealer has no info from BMW regarding future retrofit.

Attachments

• IMG_5176.jpg
    IMG_5176.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 255
I emailed BMW Customer Service (USA) about the "radio prep" that is included in the Premium package.
They confirmed it is all the wiring, speakers, and grills, just no electronic module.

From what I see on Microfiche that module is showing around $1800 if my crappy memory is working today.
Hopefully they will offer a retrofit kit for under $1000 when we finally get the world economy caught up and the radios electronics are produced again.

For now I'm happy the one I have on order has the Premium Pkg.....now I just need to try harder to be patient over the next 8 weeks or so (loaded on boat on May 28th)..

Dave

Good Lord look at the glare on Steve's photo above! I couldn't get used to that. Deal-breaker.

that is not the way the display looks to the rider...that glare must have been the consequence of something else...

...oh no, there is nothing wrong with the display quality...Its the inconsistencies in using the menus that
are horrendous.

The more I hear about the new bike the less I want it. I will either keep my bike or get one that has a dedicated GPS.

I've got a 2019 GSA and attempted to live with GPS functionality from the BMW Connected app on a trip this past week. I know people that griped about the Garmin / NAV VI usability... well the BMW Connected app makes the NAV VI look like something out of the future. In short, it's woefully lacking.

Until BMW gets the Connected app truly usable, it looks like purchasing a new RT is off the table regardless of the whole radio fiasco.

Finally got some miles on mine. What a lovely bike. Very happy with the purchase. Eventually will have the TFT with connect app figured out. Just need to give them some time to get it done.

Back