• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1985 K100RS possible rad fan replacement.

If you go to Motorworks site in the UK you will see the same or similar fan for the early K bikes. I can't comment on the specific fan you show, but that style of fan ( even has the stock mount ) is a common aftermarket fix for the BMW fans on these bikes. I haven't had to replace the fan on my K bike, but from what I've read on various K bike sites, that style of fan works fine.

If you are having fan issues, fan is hard to turn, take it out and lubricate the bearings/bushing at the front and rear. A little lubrication goes a long way. That's all I had to do to mine and it freed right up and turns very easy.

Has anyone here seen these yet? Bearing-style, 10 blades and runs at 3000 RPM according to FlatRacer. The stock unit is 7 blades and runs at 4500 RPM (according to an old post I read). I don't have the ability to determine air flow differences but I wonder if the FlatRacer unit would move enough air running at 2/3 the speed of the OEM fan even with more blades?

https://www.flatracer.com/radiator-fans/flatracer-bmw-k-series-radiator-fan-kit

Looks like a nice fix to me, and I can't disagree with anything they said in their product description.

My first impresssion is that the center hub of the fan LOOKS to be a bit larger than the stock fan. IF so, it might block some wind flow when the fan is not on, requiring the fan to run more.:dunno

:dance:dance:dance

Back