• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

CycleGear Sale on Garmin Zumo XT

exgman

I recall that a number of Forum members have said good things about the Garmin Zumo XT. I received an email today (3/12/2021) from CycleGear which is having a $100 off sale on that model. Here's a PNG with the information:

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 10.40.31 AM.png

Good to hear from you wemi. Those of us with RTs and other models with the OEM mount know that the Zumo does not fit. That said, there are many others who have bikes on which the Zumo would work just fine.

Last edited:
Thanks robsryder. I looked around some before posting trying to see if other vendors had the same sale. I couldn't find one, but you did. Maybe a new model is coming soon?

I received a email from Garmin and another vendor about the sale.
If you have a favorite vendor they probably have the $100 off price.

I received a email from Garmin and another vendor about the sale.
If you have a favorite vendor they probably have the $100 off price.

Clearly Amazon didn't get the email...

Here's their page from this morning (3/13):

Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 10.48.38 AM.png

Garmin and most other "motorcycle" and GPS sites are all showing the $100-off.
I'm not sure but think it might be related to Garmin trying to build traffic/sales as well as wanting to make sure it is priced sufficiently below their new Tread model to not lose traction.

Someone mentioned the XT not fitting on an RT. There are a few people who have fashioned mounts to utilize the OE mount on the RT with the XT. The OE mount isn't used to power the XT simply to hold the XT unit via an adaptor plate with power coming from external wiring of the XT. I believe the XT and Nav-VI use different voltage levels from one another and therefore the XT needs its own power cord.

I missed this deal in March but they are on sale again at Amazon/Best/ Buy/Cabela's/etc. I snagged one today so if you're waiting, now' the time!

Back