• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The Good Things from Covid

ramble

ohbeemer
Probably not too many positives from the past year. But, I have noticed, the convenience store restrooms have the Hot water valves open!
Any other good things noticed on the road?

Any other good things noticed on the road?

Haven’t been on the road for a year so I can’t weigh in yet, that being one of the bad things from Covid. But that will change soon as I get the second dose of Moderna Tuesday and a few weeks after that I will start riding again without worrying about taking a hospital bed away from someone who needs it more because some idiot pulled out in front of me.

When going out to eat (and yes, we do) the select places we go meticulously clean the tables, chairs, and everything else you might touch. Shouldn't it always be that way?

Nearly all my riding is one day or less so the the past year provided good riding conditions. Traffic was lighter than normal so I traveled to places I would normally have avoided. With no school buses and light rush hour traffic I was able to take quick rides into nearby rural areas after work. Fuel was inexpensive. I had a record mileage year.

I've not spent anywhere near my travel budget and that has me looking to blow the savings on a South America Expedition tour.

Next to no wear and tear on our cars. Very little money spent on gas, going out to eat and movies.
My wife earned a lot of extra income this year because of overtime and bonuses due to covid.

Forced to re-evaluate what is truly important in life instead of just coasting along experiencing what we thought was important year after year can lead to better focus in the future.

Greatly reduced entertainment spending has enabled the purchase of:
- another motorcycle
- clothing and helmet for that motorcycle
- bling and farkles for same

Greatly reduced dining out has enabled the 2 inch reduction of my waistline.
More time is spent walking outdoors and on the treadmill.

I still talk to women's boobs.

:whistle

Forced to re-evaluate what is truly important in life instead of just coasting along experiencing what we thought was important year after year can lead to better focus in the future.

Spot on! Memorial services and funerals have reminded me to stay focused on what really matters. What really matters? In the immortal words of Curley from City Slickers, that “One” thing.

More funny videos of people doing dumb things ("Fail Army" and "hey Bubba, hold my beer...) and even a few more decent pet videos. TBDTV has had some hilarious stuff, but they're stuck in reruns.

I've learned to really appreciate youtube and their cast of characters who did brave the odds to ride and show me the world through Covid.

I was there in the opening days of Zion.

With Itchy Boots I rode to the northernmost point in Norway. AND now South Africa.

With Ride the Bean I avoided the horrific crash.

And on and on with my imaginary friends.

Oh, and Season 3 of FARGO about to begin.

Voni
sMiling

Last edited:
I have ridden along with Chris and Rich of "Two Wheels Big Life," and Megan Kaptein.

Besides COVID, we've been snowed in or facing frigid temps and salt-encrusted roads...

Harry

Back