• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

F850 GSA - OEM VS BDCW Skid Plate

This summer I am joining some friend to do most of the Idaho BDR. Up to now most of the dirt riding I have done on my 2019 GSA has been USFS and Logging road. I have avoided areas were it was likely that I would contact my OEM skid plate. The IDBDR has sections that can be more challenging and damage could result in a very long trip to a location that I can get my truck with trailer to recover a dead bike. After researching upgraded plates I went with Black Dog Cycleworks.
OEM Skid Plate:OEMSP.JPG
BDCW Skid Plate:BDCWSP.jpg

https://sbbchidaho.org/PDF/BDCWSkidPlate.pdf

I had ordered my Black Dog skid plate even before my 19 GSA has arrived. Great piece of protection.

Center stand

Looks good :thumb

Is that an aftermarket center stand?

OM

No, I added the additional protection plate that Black Dog sells that covers the rest of the bike from the skid plate to the rear tire. There is some very important stuff behind the engine that could be damaged and be both costly to repair or replace and leave you with a dead bike on the trail.

Back