• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Bike

jt1135

It his 50 degrees here yesterday so went and picked up my bike from the dealer.
20210306_105116 (1).jpg

Never took it for a test drive last fall but love it. Added a Sargent seat so I could add a backrest. Gonna hit 50 again today so I'll put a few more miles on today.

A few thoughts after putting on a couple hundred miles. Absolutely enjoy the hell out of the engine. Super smooth and power in any gear anytime. The riding position fits me well and being able to move my feet around helps immensely. Not a lot of curvy roads around here and being very early in the riding season here in Minnesota roads still have some salt and gravel in spots so any curves I do find aren't taken aggresively. Windshield is a POS and ordered one from 7Jurock to fix that problem. Don't know why they have a radio unless it's to listen to while stopped, damn sure can't hear it over 50 MPH. 2 thumbs up for the heated grips and seat. Like the wonder wheel but still learning.

Most of my buddies ride Harley's and they've asked me why I got a BMW. My answer is because it's not a Harley or Indian. Overall, happier than a fat kid with a box of candy bars.

Well you're finally up & rolling on that beautiful Bagger, JT!

You can still ride with your old gang, but maybe you'll be making some new acquaintances on alternate weekends... I hope you won't find the new Marque too stiff; we all like to have fun on our bikes and again after we're finished riding for the day. You'll have to saunter over to Montana in June, so you won't be a BMW Rally virgin anymore... ;)

Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS

A few more observations now that I have about six hundred miles on it. JEEZUS is it quick and fast yet comfortable. Love the quick shifter now that I'm getting used to it. Since I put the 19 inch 7Jurock with the curve on top can actually hear the radio when I'm over 50 MPH. Not real pleased with the foot pegs while feet are down at a stop as they are in the way. Stopped for a beverage and a sandwich. Got on the bike sitting waiting for my brother and started the bike. He took off on his and when I put it in gear in killed. I'm thinking WTF. Tried a number of times and same thing. I'm thinking great, 4 miles from home and it acts up. Happened to look down and noticed the side stand was still down. DUH!!!! Definite rectal cranial inversion there. My brother has a 2020 Ultra Classic Limited with the 114 cubic inch M8. Rolling start about 20 0r 25 and it wasn't even fair. He figures there isn't a HD around that is going to touch the B.

Back