• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Greetings from Northern Maine

AllieKat77

Hi, my name is Allison but my friends call me Allie. I’m a 62yo Native American 2Spirit (trans) woman from Northern Maine. I’ve been riding for 45 years and I’m currently riding a ‘20 R1250RS and I also just bought a ‘77 R100/7. I love dogs, riding, hiking and climbing. I’m also a certified motorcycle tech with 40 yrs experience.

Attachments

• D6A4FF07-69E6-400C-B829-4B9146FA8C8A.jpg
    D6A4FF07-69E6-400C-B829-4B9146FA8C8A.jpg
    681.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 4669845D-FC8B-4F7D-B9C6-C5E09477635C.jpg
    4669845D-FC8B-4F7D-B9C6-C5E09477635C.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 85
Allie, welcome from the coast of Kansas. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy it here. Those are a couple of wonderful machines and with 40 years wrenching experience in your background, i expect they run as good as they look.

Good luck.

Welcome Allie from Peachtree City, GA (just south of the ATL)! Two lovely bikes you have there (especially the RS). The first pic looks like quite the relaxing spot. Thanks for the pics.

Hi Allie! Welcome from Newfoundland, I run through Northern Maine half frequently on my way to CroMag etc.

Welcome to the Forum and MOA Allie! I have great memories of Northern Maine when my former employer sent me and my fellow teammates up to Bangor and further north. Fortunately, it was not often in the Winter.

Those are great looking bikes you have there. With your background I'll bet you'll be able to offer lots of good advice to Forum members. Welcome to you!

John

Welcome to the Forum, Allie! :wave

You certainly have a couple of nice looking machines and with you being a mechanic, bet they run as good as they look. :thumb

Very glad to have you as a member of our great big family! Your back RS is just stunning! I have a black K1200RS and as we both know - black is the fastest color. :brow

So Wilkommen AllieKat!

You certainly know your way around a BMW, but be safe nonetheless. I don't think your RS picture is representative of northern ME at this juncture! :brow Nonetheless, the Equinox is ~ 2 weeks away, and we're all anxious to bust outta these covid-restrictions... Glad you're connecting to the Forum; hope you'll be able to show up in Great Falls in June - don't think mud or snow will be an issue by then! We're CoddyWompling our way around USofA this summer, and we certainly have to get to Acadia NP for our Iron Butt National Park stamp. The Gold Seal certificate has been delayed for years now due to many hurdles and detours... https://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/npt/

Enjoy your latest Beemer in the Spring & Summer! Wave as U go by - we'll wave back :wave

Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS

Welcome. I have property in Jackman. Do you know where that is? It's been in the family for decades. I spent lots of time there as a kid. Anyway, nice Beemers.

Back