• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tech Help in the Bay Area

nateschisler

Hi BMW land,

I recently purchased a 2005 BMW R1200RT-P in Vancouver, BC (where I used to live) and have brought it down to San Francisco with me and plan to import it. I'm hoping to find someone in the Bay Area who can help me change a few settings on the computer. Perhaps with one of those GS911 gizmos? I have 2 objectives:

1 - get the digital display to show MPH instead of KPH
2 - get the "BC" button to operate like it does from the factory, instead of currently how it just freezes the speed for LEO purposes

I suspect I could get my local dealer to do all of the above, but I don't get a warm and fuzzy that they won't charge me an arm and a leg for it.

TIA!

If you can't locate a local club member, or maybe somebody from the Northern CA BMW Club, here's a partial copy of the non-dealer shops from member Boingo -

USA CA San Francisco City Cycle Werkes 761 Ellis Street (415) 292-3577
USA CA San Francisco Desmoto Sport 1522 Bush St (415) 345-8090
USA CA San Francisco Recommended Service 1064 Revere Ave (415) 822-2041
USA CA San Francisco Subterranean Cycles 886 Geary Street (415) 775-2999
USA CA Scotts Valley BeemerShop 34 Janis Way Suite E (831) 438-1100

Back